Different Field Titles on the Frontend vs Backend

15 years 9 months ago #68153 by frenchmonkey
Hi again,

In CB, I'd like to know if it's possible to change the way that Field Titles are displayed on the frontend vs backend of the site.

For example, say you are registering with the site - the field title at registration would read "How old are you" when you are entering your profile information.

When a user sees this on the front end, however - it would simply say "[Name]'s Age".

Is this possible? Maybe it could be done using something along the same lines as the _UE_ logic, but which is dependent on whether the user is viewing the information on the front, or back end.

Secondly - I hope you don't mind if I make a suggestion: Would it be possible to increase the number of characters we are allowed to enter in the search bar on the Joomlapolis site? Only allowing users to enter 20 characters can make it pretty frustrating when trying to search for answers to questions... upping this to something more reasonable (50 chars) would make a huge difference.

In the longer term - perhaps it would even be possible to integrate some advanced search options to allow you to search in specific forums, within searches, or 3pd addons etc.

I know you have loads to do as it is, (and you are doing a sterling job!) but my thinking is that the more accessible you make all of the information on the site - you'll find that people will find information more readily, there will be less duplicate posts, less questions to answer, and I would envisage this freeing up everyone's time in the long run. Just a thought.

Thanks again for all your help!

P.

Post edited by: frenchmonkey, at: 2008/07/12 22:05

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #68157 by nant
In the CB Field Management backend for the field you want, just put the title:

[username]'s age

or

[name]'s age

or

[firstname]'s age

replacement tags are awesome!

Post edited by: nant, at: 2008/07/12 22:28

15 years 9 months ago #68160 by frenchmonkey
Replied by frenchmonkey on topic Re:Different Field Titles on the Frontend vs Backe
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the swift answer, but I might not have been as clear as I should have been with my question, sorry.

Replacement tags are indeed awesome (I have been using them a lot already!) - but what I would like to know is if it is possible to present 2 different titles for one field, depending on whether the profile is being viewed (from the front end), or a member is editing their profile (at the back end).

For example:

When the member registers with the site, or edits their profile in the backend the field title would be:

Tell us what sports you play:

You enter: Football, Hockey, Dodgeball

but when it is viewed from the front end that users's profile would say:

Nick plays:

Football, Hockey, Dodgeball

Does that make sense?

Thanks!

P.

15 years 9 months ago #68184 by nant
Yup, makes sense.
Nope, does not exist yet - but sounds like a nice extension.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn