Is CB 1.2 RC2 easy upgradeable?

15 years 9 months ago #68297 by Dragoncrawl
Is CB 1.2 RC2 easy upgradeable? was created by Dragoncrawl
I would subscribe for the Documentation Subscription Service and install CB 1.2 RC2 on my Website but only if i can be sure that it will be easy to upgrade to CB 1.2 Final.

Is it guaranteed?

Regards Matthew

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #68308 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Is CB 1.2 RC2 easy upgradeable?
Dragoncrawl wrote:

Is it guaranteed?

Not sure what you are looking for.

No guarantees exist.

You should always backup site and database before nay upgrade.

As far as the process goes, it should be very easy.

15 years 9 months ago #68310 by Dragoncrawl
Replied by Dragoncrawl on topic Re:Is CB 1.2 RC2 easy upgradeable?
I mean if the CB is in that way programmed that for upgrade it is just be necessary to copy the new files via ftp over the old files or still better if a upgrade is possible via the installationmanager in Joomla himself (like the phoca gallery can). That a file failure can happen during the upload process is clear but from the structure of the program an update is possible without to do modifications? For example if i just overwrite the old files with the new ones the profiles, postings, pictures, etc.. of the members of my site will not be deleted? There are no major changes that the database must be reconfigured?

15 years 9 months ago #68316 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Is CB 1.2 RC2 easy upgradeable?
Dragoncrawl wrote:

I mean if the CB is in that way programmed that for upgrade it is just be necessary to copy the new files via ftp over the old files or still better if a upgrade is possible via the installationmanager in Joomla himself (like the phoca gallery can). That a file failure can happen during the upload process is clear but from the structure of the program an update is possible without to do modifications? For example if i just overwrite the old files with the new ones the profiles, postings, pictures, etc.. of the members of my site will not be deleted? There are no major changes that the database must be reconfigured?

Yes CB has an ftp delta that can be used to overwrite files and also has a built in database checker-upgrader.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn