mod_cblogin instead of mod_login for security err

15 years 8 months ago #69587 by tborja
Hello,

I am using Joomla v1.5.4 and CB 1.2 RC2. I have already tried searching the forum with no luck about my security problem.

Whenever I get a security error due to lack of access privileges I am getting the "You must login first" message and original login form for joomla in the content pane.

I have mod_cbLogin published and mod_login already unpublished.

Since I have mod_cblogin on the left side. I now have both the mod_cblogin and the original mod_login form that is in the content pane.

Is there a way to use only mod_cblogin even for security errors? Does anyone have a suggestion on how to not have two login forms on the same page?
Have I missed anything on the CB setup?

SORRY FOR THE MESS UP. Can this be moved to the CB 1.2 Discussion?

Post edited by: tborja, at: 2008/07/28 09:26

Post edited by: tborja, at: 2008/07/28 15:59

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #69631 by beat
I think i saw a post a few days back on how to do this.

This is imho not a security concern, if you disabled joomla registration.

topic moved to 1.2 forum per your request.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #69862 by tborja
I tried searching but could find the fix you mentioned. The problem is that even if mod_login is disabled joomla uses the old login rather than CB login when a login is required due to either a session expiration or you try to access a protected area in your site.

On the content pane, when you get a "You must login first". message (The page with the Key image), the registration fields at the bottom are still that of the original joomla login.

The question is how to make this login page on the content pane use CB's login or better yet, how to make this page not ask for a login?

I am also not sure if this a CB or Joomla 1.5.4 issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

15 years 8 months ago #69955 by beat
I didn't find either :S but it made me remember that the person simply copied the content of mod_cblogin.php into mod_login.php !!! could work as a workaround until we come up with a better solution...

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #69960 by Rapunzl
Hmmm... I might try that to see if it fixes the sync problem with Fireboard login forgetting I'm logged in.

:woohoo:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 8 months ago #69964 by beat
Rapunzl wrote:

Hmmm... I might try that to see if it fixes the sync problem with Fireboard login forgetting I'm logged in.

:woohoo:

I don't think this one is related, but that one might be:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,69928/catid,59/

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn