can't save CB User edit in backend

15 years 6 months ago #76205 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:can't save CB User edit in backend
jpsim,

I checked your site, and saw the javascript error in firebug for firefox ( getfirebug.com/ ) when trying to save a user in the backend to be:

me.gid is undefined

This is due to the fact that for some reason (maybe you know which those reasons are ?) the params field got unpublished. This field must be published. There is a separate param in CB configuration if you don't want those params in the front-end.

I can't fix this through the backend, but you can do that in the database using e.g. phpMyAdmin: in table jos_comprofiler_fields in the row with name "params" change published from 0 to 1.

Now I'm tagging this as something to strictly enforce in the CB database checker/fixer... as #55.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76218 by Camino
Replied by Camino on topic Re:can't save CB User edit in backend
I can confirm this. Saving changes in the back-end didn't work for me when params (respectively the tab that included params) was unpublished.

As I don't want the params information to be visible in front-end on profile I now created a separate tab which is only visible for administrators. Saving changes in back-end is now working fine.

Thants for the hint Beat!

15 years 6 months ago #76239 by jpsim
Replied by jpsim on topic Re:can't save CB User edit in backend
It's ok ... thank you ...:woohoo:

15 years 6 months ago #77913 by piersol
Replied by piersol on topic Re:can't save CB User edit in backend
This will fix the issue for other similar issues Saving Profiles in backend

15 years 5 months ago #80041 by 77Sins
Replied by 77Sins on topic Re:can't save CB User edit in backend
We are suddenly having the same problem. Everything was working fine yesterday...but today I cannot add new users from the backend or modify existing users.

Please help, we are set to launch in less than one week :blink:

15 years 5 months ago #80045 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:can't save CB User edit in backend
77Sins wrote:

We are suddenly having the same problem. Everything was working fine yesterday...but today I cannot add new users from the backend or modify existing users.

Please help, we are set to launch in less than one week :blink:

If you have upgraded to CB 1.2 RC3 then run the CB Tools database checker.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn