User list: send e-mail link redirects to profile

15 years 8 months ago #71651 by EgoMeo
Jamie, that's not fully correct. Of course I added the CB field 'E-Mail' to the user list. But in the configuration I set all e-mail-links to 'Display E-Mail form'.

In the meanwhile I've made a local copy of the site to test the coding locally. Here's a part of the source html of the user list, where you can see the <a>-tag (sorry that the title and the text are in German):

[code:1]<a href="http://localhost/backup/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;task=emailUser&amp;uid=73&amp;Itemid=44" title="Eine E-Mail an diesen Benutzer senden">E-Mail senden[/code:1]

As you see there's definitely the task set to 'emailUser'. But when I add a line to the code of the file /components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php to check the global variable 'task' it contains the value 'userProfile' for whatever reason. That's different, when I open the link in a different window or browser tab. I don't understandt that - do you by any chance?

If you need more code snippets, just let me know.

Thanks for your efforts.
Cheers, Sven

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #71658 by beat
EgoMeo wrote:

No, I don't use SEF.

Maybe that would give a hint: If I open the link in a new browser window, it works as it should.

Post edited by: EgoMeo, at: 2008/08/17 20:15

I'm stumped here...

If you press CTRL or CMD click to that email link it works, but not without the CTRL or CMD ??? :dry:

Try following:
- try another browser (which did you use)
- try deactivating javascript
- try another template or deactivate any javascript mambot.

I suspect something else wierd in your site in javascript does change that link...if in same window.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #71720 by EgoMeo
beat wrote:

If you press CTRL or CMD click to that email link it works, but not without the CTRL or CMD ???

That's exactly the behaviour

Try following:
- try another browser (which did you use)
- try deactivating javascript
- try another template or deactivate any javascript mambot.

I suspect something else wierd in your site in javascript does change that link...if in same window.

- I've tested with Firefox, IE 7 and Safari - all show the same behaviour.
- If I deactivate JavaScript, the link works as it should and shows the e-mail form.
- I've changed the template and deactivated several Joomla plugins and I think I could narrow it down to the /components/com_comprofiler/js/jquery-1.2.6/jquery-1.2.6.js file, because that only appears in the user list html.

I've checked it and it shows the same behaviour no matter if jquery-1.2.6.js or jquery-1.2.6.pack.js is loaded.

Do you have any idea how to deactivate this certain file and what it is supposed to do with the user list of CB?

Thanks for looking into this.
Cheers, Sven

Post edited by: EgoMeo, at: 2008/08/19 20:50

15 years 8 months ago #71724 by Rapunzl
EgoMeo wrote:

Jamie, that's not fully correct. Of course I added the CB field 'E-Mail' to the user list. But in the configuration I set all e-mail-links to 'Display E-Mail form'.

You taught me something. I never put email in my list cuz I assumed it would show the email addy. :blush:

In the meanwhile I've made a local copy of the site to test the coding locally. Here's a part of the source html of the user list, where you can see the <a>-tag (sorry that the title and the text are in German):

[code:1]<a href="http://localhost/backup/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=emailUser&uid=73&Itemid=44" title="Eine E-Mail an diesen Benutzer senden">E-Mail senden[/code:1]

As you see there's definitely the task set to 'emailUser'. But when I add a line to the code of the file /components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php to check the global variable 'task' it contains the value 'userProfile' for whatever reason. That's different, when I open the link in a different window or browser tab. I don't understandt that - do you by any chance?

If you need more code snippets, just let me know.

Thanks for your efforts.
Cheers, Sven

I think you caught something important here. Glad Beat jumped on it! :)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 4 months ago #80806 by EgoMeo
Just to bring this to an end: The issue mentioned here has been solved with the release CB 1.2 RC3

So thanks to the development team and everyone who tried to help me out with this - especially Jamie.

Post edited by: EgoMeo, at: 2008/11/28 09:17

15 years 3 months ago #84673 by delliott
I am also seeing these problems as well. My site is integrated with JUGA and AEC. The link to the email form does not work at all, if I cut and paste the link address in another window, tho, it works. This is a bug. I am using RC2 on Joomla 1.0.15 and it is not possible for me to upgrade as I have other extensions that are not Joomla 1.5.x compatible.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn