Lost username and/or password isn't send

15 years 7 months ago #71738 by mivanova
I have been trying to look through this forum and find the answer to my questions.
So I have Joomla 1.0.15 and the newest CB. First everything was good, the lost username and password function worked and the emails were sent. new users were also able to register. Then I have attempted to change on of the users from the backend. Actually was trying to "confirm" a user, it didn't let me and gave me an error message. Now the "forgot username and password" emails are not being sent at all.
What happend? Please help, I have a site with over 1,000 users and a e-store. I really need the people to be able to be able to login,request their passwords and usernames.
Thank you
Maria

Post edited by: mivanova, at: 2008/08/20 01:29

Post edited by: mivanova, at: 2008/08/20 01:33

Post edited by: mivanova, at: 2008/08/20 01:34

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #79199 by pobeln
Replied by pobeln on topic Re:Lost username and/or password isn't send
I have the same problem. The function for activating mail and the "forgot username and password" emails are not being sent at all anymore.

I have contacted my ISP and they have no problem with outgoing mails. Other mails from joomla are beeing sent, for example I get mails when new forum posts are posted and new jooments and so on.

I am using Joomla 1.0.15 and CB 1.1

Thanks for help

15 years 5 months ago #79684 by scubabyss
Replied by scubabyss on topic Re:Lost username and/or password isn't send
I have the same issue with Joomla 1.0.15 and CB 1.2RC3.
Password / Username reteival was working fine with CB 1.1 and same Joomla version
Now with CB 1.2 RC3, it says it cannot find the membre from the email. I have, of course, checked that email was correct.
There is also no issue with my ISP and PhP mail is working fine with CB Mailing.
The problems seems to be identical for CB 1.2 RC2 and RC3.

15 years 5 months ago #79699 by scubabyss
Replied by scubabyss on topic Re:Lost username and/or password isn't send
The solution is given here
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,77874/catid,65/

Apparently source file of RC3 does not exactly include the recommended solution.
It's now working fine for me.
:)

15 years 5 months ago #79738 by beat

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 5 months ago #79740 by pobeln
Replied by pobeln on topic Re:Lost username and/or password isn't send
That will not help me, I am just using CB 1.1. I have the same problem for new users, the confirmation mail is not sent to the new user.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.363 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn