[SOLVED] No Captcha image or sound

15 years 5 months ago #79257 by bizguy
Replied by bizguy on topic Re:[SOLVED] No Captcha image or sound
Yup still here. In my case, I had relocated the configuration.php file (for security reasons). I had to return the configuration file to the default location and name, then Captcha worked.
I was then able to change the name and relocate the file again, and everything continued to work correctly.
I am using the protect configuration component.

There are 2 config files to check that have all the correct paths set in:

configuration.php and globals.php

Basically, configuartion tells Joomla where it is, so make sure that your absolute path and cache path are correct, and that livesite includes http://www.

and globals tells Joomla where the configuration file is, so if it is in the default location, references to it should read '/configuration.php'

Hope this helps some,

Ed

Post edited by: bizguy, at: 2008/11/09 03:39

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #79260 by livermorej
Replied by livermorej on topic Re:[SOLVED] No Captcha image or sound
We couldn't make it work.

When we upgraded to Joomla 1.5.7, Captcha worked!

15 years 5 months ago #79406 by hybridfury
Replied by hybridfury on topic Re:[SOLVED] No Captcha image or sound
I now have this issue. My site has been up and running for over 2 months now with the captcha plugin running and now all the sudden it doesn't. All my permissions are correct. I'm pretty sure when I set this site up 2 months ago I also put my configuration file outside of my public_html directory for security reasons and the plugin always worked fine with this arrangement. However when viewing my websites directory today there was a full blown config file in my public_html directory. How did it get there? It shoulda just been a configuration file with like 2 lines of text documenting the path of the real configuration file. One thing I thought of and I don't know if this is correct or not, but I compared the renamed configuration file outside of public_html with the new one I found in public_html and what I found was the meta-data I implemented thru the joomla backend a few weeks back. When you edit your global configuration, does joomla make a new configuration file for you? Anyways, I have tried renaming the files, replacing them, un-installing and re-installing cb-captcha and nothing is fixing it for me so for now it's turned off. Man I hope the spamming doesn't start again.

Post edited by: hybridfury, at: 2008/11/11 19:57

15 years 5 months ago #79409 by bizguy
Replied by bizguy on topic Re:[SOLVED] No Captcha image or sound
From what you have said in the way you relocated the configuration file, Joomla probably would make a new one, based on your setting. I use a Joomla Component,
Protect Configuration which manages the configuration file very well, and the updating issue you mentioned doesn't happen.
I would try the following:
  1. Backup your site
  2. remove all instances of configuration file, except one in your root directory correctly configured
  3. uninstall Captcha
  4. reinstall captcha (make sure you install the correct, latest version. 2.0.1 CB1.0+ or 2.2 CB 1.2+)
  5. check the Captcha configuration (Community Builder Plugin: Edit (CB Captcha)) to see if it is producing the demo image
  6. if no demo image, check the setting Plugin Prerequisites (by the demo) to see that you have GD bundled and Freetype in green
  7. if you have 2 greens, check your System->System Info and see that everything on the server is correct (maybe your host updated something)
  8. finally, check that your temp location is writeable and configured
Hope that something here helps,

Ed

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn