Internal Server Error (500) during Installation

15 years 7 months ago #73644 by martin.heinz
I tried a new installation of Community Builder CB 1.2. RC2 on Joomla 1.5.6.
First installation step seems to work fine.
About one minute, after the message "WAIT PLEASE: DO NOT INTERRUPT INSTALLATION PROCESS: PERFORMING SECOND INSTALATION STEP: UNCOMPRESSING CORE PLUGINS..." appeared, I got e new sreen with the error message "Internal server error (500)".

- Are the files installed properly or do I have to delete some files or directories for trying a new clean installation? If I must delete the incomplete installation, what have I exactly to delete and to change?
- What have I to do for performing the second installation procedure (uncompressing core plugins) manually? Or how can I proove, what was done correctly and what failed?
- What can I do for prevent the internal server error?
(I work with PHP 5, save mode swiched OFF, legathy mode swiched OFF).

Best regards

Martin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #73646 by nant
Pleas try and increase you php memory (see FAQ section link in my signature) and try again.

15 years 7 months ago #73671 by martin.heinz
Replied by martin.heinz on topic Re:Internal Server Error (500) during Installation
Hello Nick,

I just tried to increase memory size using the php.ini-file before posting my questions.
I just also searched into the FAQ`s and the forum and did not find the answers to my questions. Thus I please you for an detailed answer to my questions:

- How could I examine, what was installed correctly and what failed?
- How could I remove completely the failed installation of CB 1.2. RC2 (uninstalling a complete or incomplete installation of CB 1.2. RC2)?
- How could I complete the installation step 2 manually?

Thanks and best regards

Martin

15 years 7 months ago #73679 by beat
Just access CB component from backend, it's safe.

In all backend tasks there is a test if step 2 has been completed or not.
  • If you don't see any warnings at top of screen then installation completed successfully.

• if you see a warning like:

Warning: file 'components/com_comprofiler/pluginsfiles.tgz' still exists. This is probably due to the fact that first installation step did not complete, or second installation step did not take place. If you are sure that first step has been performed, you need to execute second installation step before using CB. You can do this now by clicking here: (link: please click here to continue next and last installation step).

then you can just click on the link to complete the second step. This step simply uncompresses that 'pluginsfiles.tgz' file into the same place and then deletes the file.

Probably there has been some timeout on your sever, as the second step can take anywhere from 2 seconds on fast servers up to 60 seconds on slow overloaded servers. The second step can be safely redone.

In case it still doesn't work, it's probably a permissions problem either on the folder 'components/com_comprofiler', not allowing the webserver to write into (or in case of joomla 1.5 ftp installer active, the credentials not being correct).

You can fix that by fixing the permissions of that folder, and retry step 2 link.

At last resort you can uncompress that file, and put the resulting directory 'plugin' at that place. You need to make sure that the plugin and all directories inside plugin (user, templates, language) are also writable, otherwise you won't be able to install CB plugins at a later stage.

Hope this helps. Let me know if the explanation above was clear, so we can improve our README file, and know what the problem was.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 7 months ago #73682 by martin.heinz
Replied by martin.heinz on topic Re:Internal Server Error (500) during Installation
Hello beat,

at first thanks a lot for this detailed description.
Before trying I will repeat, if I have understood it correctly:
- When installation step 2 started I can be shure, that all is done correctly with exeption of the decompressing of the pluginsfiles.tgz-file.
- I can decompress this file manually and than put the files which are placed into the plugins-directory in their places. Here is some additional question: Are the files into this directory named in a way, that I can shurely know, where they are to move in?

I will inform you detailed, how I proceeded.

Thanks a lot!!!

Martin

15 years 7 months ago #73683 by beat
- yes, step 2 was done only because the joomla 1.5 installer is to slow moving files 3 times per ftp on the server. So all other stuff is done in step 1.

- do you have the warning ? if yes, let CB redo step 2 for you ;)

If that fails:

- another way would be to untargzip the expert files into the main joomla/mambo directory, as those have the correct structure.

- you can of course untargzip the expert file and compare the folder with the ones on your server to be sure it's the same :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn