Changing default access rights upon registration

15 years 6 months ago #74799 by jornare
How can I make all new registrations have default "writer" permission?
Now, newly registered users are only "registered" and now allowed to create new articles.

/JornAre

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #74811 by piersol
One way is to go into global configurations and change your setting to make all new members AUTHORS upon registration.

This skips the registered member level and thus everyone is not able to write content and edit their own content.

Another great solution i have seen is to use Sobi2 directory component as a content creation tool.

Basically, you can create your own fields, including text area fields for the main content. Then you are also able to create categories and subcategories (something joomla content submit does not let you do). ANd because its originally designed to be a directory, it has GREAT layout methods along with many great plugins and modules.

Oh yeah, i reference this option because you can let registered level people create the articles this way WITHOUT having to make them authors at all!

Good Luck

Post edited by: piersol, at: 2008/09/18 22:33

15 years 6 months ago #74812 by jornare
Thanx!! A karma to you for that good answer :)
How could I oversee the joomla global config? -I had my head too deep into CB, and would have been happy with a "edit this code" answer.

My current project does not require the advanced features of Sobi2 directory, but I will certainly check it out for future use :)

Thanx again :)
/JornAre

15 years 3 months ago #83209 by transmanaz
Bumping this up - I too need to know.

I posted over in Joomla's forum, only to get the answer I need to post here in the CB forum.

Here's what I wrote in Joomla forum:

I'm running Joomla! 1.5.8 in Legacy with Community Builder 1.1

I DO have the New User Registration Type in Global Configuration set to "Author" - I am assuming this *should* mean that when a new user signs up, they are automatically set to "Author".

However, all new users are being assigned to the "Registered" group - Not the "Author" group. I am having to go in and change each signup manually. This is a bit frustrating.

I am using the CB Login/Sign Up - and I have tried configuring CB signups both ways for signing up - "independantly..." and "same as".

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks for your help!
Michael

15 years 3 months ago #83211 by nant
transmanaz wrote:

Bumping this up - I too need to know.

I posted over in Joomla's forum, only to get the answer I need to post here in the CB forum.

Here's what I wrote in Joomla forum:

I'm running Joomla! 1.5.8 in Legacy with Community Builder 1.1

I DO have the New User Registration Type in Global Configuration set to "Author" - I am assuming this *should* mean that when a new user signs up, they are automatically set to "Author".

However, all new users are being assigned to the "Registered" group - Not the "Author" group. I am having to go in and change each signup manually. This is a bit frustrating.

I am using the CB Login/Sign Up - and I have tried configuring CB signups both ways for signing up - "independantly..." and "same as".

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks for your help!
Michael

Upgrade to CB 1.2 RC4.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.502 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn