Re:Emails are not sending

15 years 5 months ago #78335 by emdc2
Emails are not sending was created by emdc2
I have installed Joomla 1.5 with Community Builder 1.2 RC2 on SiteGround servers. I have to use SMTP to get the Joomla email functionality to work. The emails work in Joomla with Contact Us form and Mass mail, but Community Builder emails are not being sent out.

Emails are not sent out when a user registers and if I test the Forgot Login functionality it doesn't work either. I am using an email address that I set-up on the host environment as the send From email and it is the same email address that I use in the Joomla SMTP Mail Settings. I have set-up a test user and have tried many settings to get it to send out an email on registration and it doesn't work. Can anyone help? I contacted SiteGround and they asked this:

"May I kindly ask you to provide is with the exact place where your Community builder component is being configured in order to work with SMTP or Sendmail function."

Doesn't Community Builder use the same Email Settings as configured in Joomla "Mail Settings"?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Emily
The topic has been locked.
15 years 5 months ago #78344 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Emails are not sending
Yes, Community Builder uses Joomla settings. :)

What's your exact Joomla email configuration ? (you can replace real private values with anything, just to be sure that all is configured)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
15 years 5 months ago #78346 by emdc2
Replied by emdc2 on topic Re:Emails are not sending
Mailer: SMTP Server
Mail From: info@mydomain.com (using an email address on the same domain set-up on the hosted server)
From Name: Emily XXXXX
Sendmail Path: /usr/sbin/sendmail
SMTP Authentication: Yes
SMTP Username: info@mydomain.com
SMTP Password: XXXXXXX
SMTP Host: (the hosting company had me put a specific host here . . . I also tried mail.mydomain.com - with my domain and it worked for Joomla too, but not CB)

All of these credentials work fine for Joomla Email . . . both MASS Mail and regular form mail functionality.

Thanks for your help.
Emily
15 years 5 months ago #78359 by emdc2
More information from my support request with siteGround is as follows:

SiteGround States: "Indeed this is why I have asked you to let us know where are the settings, since the Joomla's Global Configuration settings work properly with the Joomla's Contact Us form and mass mail function, they should work with the Community Builder component if everything is normal with the component itself.

I have also tried to register and see is the e-mail message is delivered, however, after the registration I have checked our server e-mail logs and did not to find any sent messages. This means that the component itself is not even trying to send the messages using the server.

What I can recommend you in this case is to keep monitoring the thread that you have provided us with in your last message and wait for reply in it, since the issue is most probably due to the fact that something is not set up properly in the component."

SiteGround states it is a problem with the CB component. So . . . can you please shed some light on this?

Thanks!
Emily
15 years 5 months ago #78362 by emdc2
I can provide you with information to get into my site or account if it will help you to track down the problem. (Or whatever else I can do to help.) This is a new site set-up, so I don't mind giving you this information and letting you go in and change any of the settings or test anything out. I would really like to use this component if possible for some of my clients.

Thanks for the great component and service that you are providing! I appreciate it.
Emily
15 years 5 months ago #78744 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Emails are not sending
emdc2,

Yes, that could help. Please PM me. Thanks.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn