custom fields

15 years 4 months ago #82437 by Vdst
custom fields was created by Vdst
I have a basic question.
I want to add a user fields to the configuration -> user profile area.

So that when registering a user has more options available to be filled out within their profile.

I had CB set up before to included this, so I know it is possible. But (very frustrating to me) that data base got wiped. And I need to recreate it and serendipity does knock twice. I should have recorded the process steps.
Can someone hep me out here?

Just a visual of the screen that needs to have the fields added to it.

Vdst.

Thank you!
Post edited by: Vdst, at: 2008/12/15 17:08

Post edited by: Vdst, at: 2008/12/15 19:02

Post edited by: Vdst, at: 2008/12/15 19:03
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #82557 by Vdst
Replied by Vdst on topic Re:custom fields
Answer to my own post.

Publish tab. (in this case I chose a tabbed menu display at the bottom of the profile pages).

Publish field. Name new field, assign it a type (in this case web address), and assign it to a tab. (In this case I used the "contact info" under CB_core user management. This way I can assign articles via a web link at registration to each of the specified users.)

I would prefer / will use a separate tab under contact info, as soon as I go over how to include a new CB-core tab in the tabs management.

15 years 4 months ago #82562 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:custom fields
Either change the name of the Contact Info tab to something you like or create a new tab the same way you did fields.
:)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 3 months ago #83311 by jeffhoneyager
Replied by jeffhoneyager on topic Re:custom fields
Another tid-bit. You can add custom cb fields in your content using the CBP or Community Builder Personal-izer bot.

Check the Joomlapolis directory under content.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds