CAPTCHA not working

15 years 3 months ago #83168 by msdwebmaster
CAPTCHA not working was created by msdwebmaster
I built a site using Joomla v1.5.8, CB v1.2 RC 2 and CAPTCHA plugin v2.2.1 on my sandbox and it worked perfectly:
sandbox.theweboasis.biz/tomorrowshope/Create-an-account.html

When I migrated the site to the live domain which is hosted on the exact same server, however, no image or audio shows up:
www.tomorrowshopeinc.org/Create-an-account.html

I'm confused about why it no longer works when I'm using the exact same versions of all software components both places.

The only thing that has changed is I've beefed up the security on the site in it's new home at tomorrowshopeinc.org based on the recommendations of the Joomla Security Checklist on the documentation wiki...

The configuration.php has been relocated outside of public_html, as have the tmp and logs directories.

I need help getting this to work as it's a critical issue.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #83686 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CAPTCHA not working
CB captcha needs the configuration.php file, to access the database for the sessions info.

If you relocate it outside of the normal place you will need to change the CB sessions library as well.

Or just put back configuration.php at its normal place, as changing its place implies hacking joomla, and we don't support nor recommend hacks. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn