23: why first, last, name can't be (un)published

15 years 7 months ago #75134 by tube_ed
Hello all,

I tried to publish the parameters firstname, middlename and lastname but could not and I had to access the MySQL server to accomplish this.

I don't have a clue what the problem is. I knowe that my predecessor, messed around a bit with these param's but no I get problems with the formatted name as well.

EDIT: changed title to reflect the issue.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/09/22 17:01

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #75152 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Problem with unpublished parameters
tube_ed wrote:

Hello all,

I tried to publish the parameters firstname, middlename and lastname but I had to access the MySQL server to accomplish this.

I don't have a clue what the problem is. I knowe that my predecessor, messed around a bit with these param's but no I get problems with the formatted name as well.

I don't think these should be unpublished - thats why the interface doesn't allow you to do this.

15 years 7 months ago #75157 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Problem with unpublished parameters
Those are automatically published/unpublished when you save the CB configuration, depending on the name format that you choose there.

e.g. If you choose firstname+lastname, then middle-name and name will be unpublished.

if you choose single name field, then first, middle and last names fields will be unpublished.

We have added a "hover" explanation and an explanation in the edit of the field of why they can't be published/unpublished from there and how to do it, so this little usability issue is fixed for next release.

As it's a recuring question, I'm moving this to known issues. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #76077 by beat
Thanks for reporting. :)

This issue has been addressed in good part in Community Builder 1.2 RC 3, and is available now for a last short rounds of live site testings, before CB 1.2 Stable release. :)

================= ISSUE FIXED ====================

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn