CB Connect 4.0.0 released!

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #222838 by krileon
CB Connect 4.0.0 released! was created by krileon
CB Connect has been completely re-designed. All the social sites JavaScript libraries have been removed (except for Fields usage) and replaced with an internal popup jQuery script providing uniformed popup usages across all browsers (tested FF, Chrome, and IE).

All oAuth exchanges are now done server side instead of client side. What all this means is you won't have to deal with conflicts anymore as there is nothing to conflict (JavaScript wise at least). This also means oAuth1.0 and oAuth2.0 are both integrated into CB Connect opening it up for significantly more social sites to be integrated.

You will notice significantly improved page load times with 4.0.0 as well as the 3rd party libraries loading in was the cause of the slow down.

With all that said there are some backwards compatible changes that must be noted. Please review the below carefully.

Google
Redirect URI must be reconfigured to be exactly as specified within CB Connect configuration. Google will stop working until this is done!

Windows Live
Language selection is now gone. Should use the language you specify in your Application.

Facebook
Language selection is now gone. Should use the language you specify in your Application.

Twitter
Tweek Box is now gone (@Anywhere API depreciated).
Profile and Follow buttons are gone (no way to obtain screen_name through API calls publicly)

All
Snoopy is removed. Due to the detailed CURL usages it isn't functional for these usages anymore. You absolutely have to have CURL and JSON available. These are pretty standard so should not be an issue for the majority.

Twitter is of course back and fully functional again in this release.

In addition to all of the above the "Incomplete Registration" page has been completely rewritten. It is now presented to the user before they register. So no more invalid users being stored in your database. If the email address supplied by the social site is already registered the user will see the incomplete registration page asking them to supply a new valid email address (informing them it's in use already as well) or to login to link to an existing account (if linking is enabled).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #222855 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic CB Connect 4.0.0 released!
sorry, posted in an other thread:
the installation of this plugin is hanging (does not finish)

after about ten minutes it's finished. I never saw that.

11 years 1 month ago #222858 by Roland
Replied by Roland on topic CB Connect 4.0.0 released!
Hello Kyle,

great work as ever!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

It's nice to see nearly daily some great progress in CB from you...

Greetings, Roland

www.simple-quality.de - The Quality-Web-Portal

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #222985 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic CB Connect 4.0.0 released!
Can I use it in this case with CBSubs?

I have 3 different plans (2 free, 1 pay). Every plan put users into a ACL group (planA > groupA, planB > groupB, etc..)

Imagine that I use FB connect to let user register for free account, I can choose just one group to insert them, GroupA or GroupB... right?

Also, before users register on my site, they must accept 3 radio fiels (terms and privacy; I don't use the default accept terms and condition 'cause I need to store those values on DB so I use 3 radio fields for 3 different privacy and terms).

In this case, the CB Connect plugin can request to accept those fields or complete the registration form?

11 years 1 month ago #222992 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect 4.0.0 released!
It's no different then the past releases. So if it never worked properly with your setup then that's still the case. It'll work fine with CBSubs depending on your setup. You can also give social site users a usergroup on registration as needed (defaults to default CB).

No you can't present a registration form for them to complete or anything of the sort as that is against the social sites policy (you can't pre-populate a registration form). It does show terms and conditions, but only if using CBs built in; it will not work if using a custom field for this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #223372 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic CB Connect 4.0.0 released!
I just wanted get clarification on using CBConnect with CBsubs. If someone registers with social network credentials, will newcomers bypass the registration page (where they complete their contact info) and immediately go into the plan page and then payment?

If we need to collect other info that is not collected or synced with social networks, does that mean certain fields cannot be set up as "required" or does it simply ignore this parameter?

I suppose the only way to collect the info is after the fact with users editing their own profiles. Is that right?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn