CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!

9 years 8 months ago #247406 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!

Will this plugin help me to do this?

No, it has no ajax. It will not respond to your value changes. It builds the options from your database query on page load only.

Can u help me plz?

It's in the Professional downloads section. Please see our Downloads search functionality or build a package from our CB Packager (see link under Downloads dropdown menu item).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The topic has been locked.
9 years 8 months ago #247434 by sherazi
Replied by sherazi on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
Now i am working on a user registration form in which i need automatic fill up of some fields.

Please check property.afrikaza.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers.

Here if anybody write existing office name, then office phone and city field will be filled up automatically.

I think CB Query Field 3.0.0 plugin will help in this regard.

I dont get download link of this plugin.

I need to know do u think it will help ? If yes, plz let me know asap.
9 years 8 months ago #247462 by krileon
No, it will not help with that. All it does is pull the select values from a custom database query. The query field it self just displays a normal profile field with the query results as the field value. It does nothing more than that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
9 years 6 months ago #249734 by pasquale1980
Replied by pasquale1980 on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
Is possible with CB Query Field know which user is logged in? I need to create a field on which to apply a condition with CB Conditional.
9 years 6 months ago #249737 by krileon
You want to get a field value from the viewing user instead of displayed user? You don't need CB Query Field for that at all as substitutions support a user parameter. Example as follows.

[cb:userdata field="username" user="#me" /]

If you want the viewing users user_id for a query you should be able to do the below.

[cb:userdata field="user_id" user="#me" /]

or

[cb:userdata field="id" user="#me" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
9 years 6 months ago #249738 by pasquale1980
Replied by pasquale1980 on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
In practice I do see a tab in the user profile, accessible from the userlist, only to the user logged in.
Ex: the user "Company" and the user "Student" in your profile should not see the Tab1 (hidden with CB Conditional with the conditon on usertype), it should see only through the userlist and only by the user "student" logged in.

I'm sorry but I'm not very expert, with regard to the examples of the previous post in which type of field can enter the string ( ="user_id" user="#me" /] )
Thanks
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn