CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!

9 years 9 months ago #246133 by pasquale1980
Replied by pasquale1980 on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
Hi, is it possible with CB Query Field 3.0.0 create more Dropdown related, (Cascading DropDown)? For xample:

DropDown1: Europe
DropDown2: Italy
DropDown3 Rome

Thank you.

Pasquale
The topic has been locked.
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #246141 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
With CB Conditional, yes, you can chain fields together. Just be sure value resetting is enabled when chaining a set of 3 like that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
9 years 9 months ago #246199 by pasquale1980
Hello, I am trying to create with CB Conditional of the Dropdown related that reading the values ​​from the database.
Example: I have 3 Dropdown and in the database:

Continent State City
Europe Italy Milan
Europe Italy Rome
Europe Germany Berlin
Europe Germany Monaco
Europe Spain Madrid
Europe Spain Barcelona

how is it possible to filter the dropdown directly on the database, so that if I choose Europe the second Dropdown to return

Italy
Germany
Spain

and if I choose Italy, the third Dropdown to retarn

Milan
Rome

Thank you.

Pasquale
9 years 9 months ago #246224 by krileon

how is it possible to filter the dropdown directly on the database, so that if I choose Europe the second Dropdown to return

You can't, it doesn't ajax update a query field or anything like that. You can only show/hide the field. You would need multiple fields and then show/hide them as needed or make them a normal single select field and show/hide their options using a conditional other.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
9 years 9 months ago #246261 by pasquale1980
I have a table with more than three hundred lines, then it becomes difficult to manage it yourself, hiding or showing certain values.
Is there one way using CB Query 3 with a sql statement (Eg: SELECT `city` FROM `table` WHERE `country` = `cb_nazione`) or by using a field of support (Eg: UPDATE `support-nation` SET `nation` = `cb_nazione`) and then use it as a filter for the city? Alternatively, is there some other kind of solution or plugin?
Thank you.

Pasquale
9 years 9 months ago #246264 by krileon

then use it as a filter for the city?

Yes, you can use substitutions in the query so you could have the following.

`country` = '[cb_nazione]'

However this won't do anything dynamically as they change the field. It would only do so when they refresh the page. There is no built in Ajax for what you're wanting.

Alternatively, is there some other kind of solution or plugin?

No.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn