Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #240445 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!
After CB 2.0 stable has been released all other active plugins will have releases as soon as possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #240467 by socialfan
Replied by socialfan on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!
Any news when we will see beta or even better RC?

Would appreciate some sort of dates because I want to commit some resources into redevelopment of some of my CB applications.

Thank you

10 years 1 month ago #240472 by krileon

Any news when we will see beta or even better RC?

No, backend rewrite is taking longer than expected as API we believed was done/ready was not so we've had to do major improvements. Frontend is also still undergoing major redo to properly output Bootstrap markup.

Below is a screenshot showing current progress of the backend rewrite. We've a new filter system in place to have many more filters for the views. Styling has also been completely updated to be bootstrap driven.

Frontend markup is nearly done. I'll be finished rewriting CB Menu today which will provide valid HTML output and no longer use bestmenu in favor of our cbTooltip usage (it can provide tooltips, modals, menus and more) with is faster and allows the menu bar to be tablet friendly (on click instead of on hover).

What the Bootstrap markup output really means is you'll be able to use any Bootstrap 3 theme to generate a CB template. I'll be providing the LESS files to help in doing the template generation.

Would appreciate some sort of dates because I want to commit some resources into redevelopment of some of my CB applications.

There isn't going to be a date. We're not committing to a specific date that'd force us to complete in a time frame we can't possibly guarantee. It's done when it's done, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: socialfan, pepperstreet

10 years 1 month ago #240540 by gjschaller
Replied by gjschaller on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!
First of all - thank you for all your hard work!

The notes mention that many prior pay-for extensions will be included in the core of CB 2.0 - what will the fate of GroupJive be? GJ is the heart and soul of my community, and although I am very eager to move to CB 2.0 as soon as possible, I need to make sure GJ either works with it, or is part of it, right out of the box.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what is already an awesome extension, become even better! :woohoo:

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #240541 by krileon
GJ is not included in CB 2.0 core. It will be receiving a rather major upgrade after CB 2.0 stable has released, but it's going to be the last plugin to be upgraded as it requires the most work.

CB 2.0 includes, but not limited to, the below paid extensions now.

CB Bootstrap: replaces Default template
CB Blogs: replaces mamoblog
CB Articles: replaces content author
CB Forums: replaces forum integration
CB File Field
CB Video Field: upgrades with upload support
CB Rating Field: fully upgraded and properly calculates rating
CB Points Field: upgraded to support karma usages
CB Audio Field: new field based off video field except for audio
CB Terms and Conditions Field: field to easily add terms and conditions usage (supports modal window usage, popup window usage, and inline usage)

CB Core Fields Ajax is also planned to be moved into core (ajax for all fieldtypes), but this hasn't been done yet. The Disable Me and Delete Me features from CB Privacy are also going to be moved into core (with a way to re-enable a user disabled account). There's plenty more planned as well as plenty more already implemented, which you can check out what we've done thus far below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues?query_id=48

Note our forge above often does not include internal changes. We've made quite significant improvements to API.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

10 years 1 month ago #240937 by socialfan
Replied by socialfan on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!
Hi Kyle,

hope you are well.

How is the status?
Sorry, still excited about CB2.0 :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn