Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #241679 by pepperstreet
Thanks for the headsup about using language strings. Did not think of it!
BTW, aren't you going to drop the DEFINE language plugin format? I think, I have read a comment from you… somewhere...

[quote="krileon"

We use Fontawesome. We no longer include Bootstrapp Glypicons due to limited selection/functionality. You can find available Fontawesome icons below (quite large set available!).

BS3 set is smaller but not so bad for a build-in solution. The BS2 image based stuff really sucked, IMHO.

FontAwesome:
Yep, used their version 3 a lot. Not sooo happy with their update path; syntax changes for v4… but some features are really nice. Simply have to get used to it.

Regarding Bootstrap3 profile and layout:
It would be cool to make and share CB profile layouts and designs. Currently impossible to manage.
Are their plans to have all related settings and configs in one place? I mean, store all related parameters and also im/export them in an external file format? Maybe XML, JSON etc.

Examples:
- JSN template framework allows to im/export the complete J! template parameter configuration.
- JA T3 v3 framework seems to store the visual layout in JSON.

Regarding T3 framework:
I guess, you have seen their visual layout editor? I think, this is a great approach to modify and layout even CB profiles. Just pretending… and replacing their T3/J! terms: J! module positions = CB profile positions, J!module = CB Tabs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #241682 by krileon

BTW, aren't you going to drop the DEFINE language plugin format?

Yes, eventually we will. All new implementations don't use defines though so that's how we're gradually phasing it out. Problem with defines is they're PHP constants so once they're defined it's impossible to change them. This makes language usage pretty complicated sometimes (e.g. overrides). If you can avoid using defines always do so. I know some locations you may need to, but it's best to avoid them whenever possible.

FontAwesome:
Yep, used their version 3 a lot. Not sooo happy with their update path; syntax changes for v4… but some features are really nice. Simply have to get used to it.

We import namespaced CSS so you'll be able to use the exact syntax that Fontawesome provides (same for Bootstrap 3). We have custom LESS files to output our template files, which we'll be providing later so it's super easy to generate variations of fontawesome, bootstrap, etc..

Regarding Bootstrap3 profile and layout:
It would be cool to make and share CB profile layouts and designs. Currently impossible to manage.
Are their plans to have all related settings and configs in one place? I mean, store all related parameters and also im/export them in an external file format? Maybe XML, JSON etc.

We have something planned, but I can't share details regarding it right now as it's still being actively discussed. It won't be in CB 2.0 though as it'd mean we'd have to delay, which we really don't want to have to do. The most I can disclose is it's a visual editor of some form. We'll have a big announcement with details, etc.. when it's ready.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #241706 by pepperstreet
Language overrides:
Is it possible to use J! core language override manager with CB2.0 ? Or is it usable after some some .x releases incl. all CB plugins.

Profile editor:
Ooh, you make me curious! I could also live with a simple editor approach... something like a "free-layout" profile template, that allows to add and place fields and tabs PLACEHOLDERS. More or less the use of CB substitutions, but with an input wizard/tool. Writing substitutions manually can be a real pain and a big source of frustration. 1 wrong typo and nothing works. A wizard/input helper would be a gift from heaven! Something comparable to JoomDuck's ProfilePro and MagicWindow. Actually, this is a very clever tool and method. A good balance between pro and average users. Not to mention: A dramatic time saver.
( PS: Maybe a bad future for JoomDucks CB product?! ;-) ..., but I could imagine a cooperation with the developer, and utilize his solution for original CB-substitution syntax? Then release it as an additional plugin. )

BTW: JoomDuck special offer until 28th Feb!!!

10 years 1 month ago #241715 by krileon

Is it possible to use J! core language override manager with CB2.0 ? Or is it usable after some some .x releases incl. all CB plugins.

We're not to the point of implementing overrides yet so I can't discuss details about it. Once we've more information on what direction we'll be going we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Ooh, you make me curious! I could also live with a simple editor approach... something like a "free-layout" profile template, that allows to add and place fields and tabs PLACEHOLDERS. More or less the use of CB substitutions, but with an input wizard/tool. Writing substitutions manually can be a real pain and a big source of frustration. 1 wrong typo and nothing works. A wizard/input helper would be a gift from heaven! Something comparable to JoomDuck's ProfilePro and MagicWindow. Actually, this is a very clever tool and method. A good balance between pro and average users. Not to mention: A dramatic time saver.

I can't provide details on this right now, but basically some sort of visual editor. Once we've more detailed information on what direction we're going we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

10 years 1 month ago #241728 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released! - Avatar gallery
User picture - Avatar gallery:
Can you give some infos about the new avatar gallery? Glad to hear it supports big/small image versions. That was a major drawback, and a main reason for me to disable it. Looking for ward to create my own defaults in the future.

BTW, your screenshots in the news article seems to be a mockup? Or is it the the up-coming gallery incl. those strange animal icons :ohmy: :huh: ;) Are there any serious and common default pictures in the final release? If not, is there any need for a default collection? Any specific style? i.e. real looking silhouette; black/white illustrations; colored; etc.

10 years 1 month ago #241734 by parkbenchbruce
Replied by parkbenchbruce on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!
Hi,
When will CB 2.0 be released in downloads? I have had a problem with CB 1.9.1 which I think will disappear with CB 2.0.
Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn