Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!

10 years 1 month ago #241737 by AlexSmirnov
Replied by AlexSmirnov on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!
Hi,

If the issue you mentioned has been introduced into your system by yourself or your team, then I doubt CB 2.0 install will cure it.

Cordially,

Alex

AkeebaBackup.RU - безопасность Вашего Community Builder
Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #241746 by krileon

Can you give some infos about the new avatar gallery? Glad to hear it supports big/small image versions. That was a major drawback, and a main reason for me to disable it. Looking for ward to create my own defaults in the future.

The below news article has a screenshot of the new gallery images.

www.joomlapolis.com/news/18402-community-builder-20-cb-20-beta-2-released

Basically the gallery supports "tn" versions of the images, which is the thumbnail image. So it works just like image fields in that regard. You'd provide a normal version then a smaller tn version and it'll use them at their appropriate locations.

BTW, your screenshots in the news article seems to be a mockup?

No, those are not mock up. Those are the new default gallery images.

Are there any serious and common default pictures in the final release?

Personal taste is something that's always going to be an issue when using default images, etc.. so we really can't account for that. If we used a bunch of a business people for example then there would be the same argument that they're too serious. We find the new gallery images provide a reasonable middle ground. With that said everyone is free to replace them with whatever gallery images they like.

If not, is there any need for a default collection?

Yes, it's needed for the gallery to function. You of course are welcome to disable the gallery if you don't need it.

When will CB 2.0 be released in downloads? I have had a problem with CB 1.9.1 which I think will disappear with CB 2.0.

When it's done. Sorry, we are not providing release dates at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #241758 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released! - Avatar gallery

krileon wrote: … Those are the new default gallery images. … Personal taste is something that's always going to be an issue when using default images, etc.. so we really can't account for that. If we used a bunch of a business people for example then there would be the same argument that they're too serious. We find the new gallery images provide a reasonable middle ground.

Agree. Personal taste is one thing… but generic/abstract default is another. The current set is everything else then a "middle ground". It is really special, IMHO ;)

I was thinking of a generic and abstract style. Something that fits in the default bootstrap/icons appearance (i.e. the current default user image) or something lighter and realistic i.e. grey silhouettes of a variety of different people, gender and age. A little thing that would make CB more "complete" out of the box, IMHO.

Anyway, as you mentioned before… it can be customized.

10 years 1 month ago #241762 by krileon

I was thinking of a generic and abstract style. Something that fits in the default bootstrap/icons appearance (i.e. the current default user image) or something lighter and realistic i.e. grey silhouettes of a variety of different people, gender and age. A little thing that would make CB more "complete" out of the box, IMHO.

Suggestions are certainly welcome. If you manage to find a nice generic image set that's open source with a license that'd allow us to distribute with CB we can absolutely take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

10 years 1 month ago #241801 by Gary1
i know this is impossible to say but i'll ask anyway ;)

do you have an eta on 2.0 final

will it be weeks...months...years?

10 years 1 month ago #241821 by socialfan
Replied by socialfan on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!
After an extended search in the backend usermanager on J3.2.2 and Cb 1.9.1 I get the corresponding search results.

When I click on a profile there is NO way I can actually get back to that selection.

Will that be fixed with 2.0?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn