Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!

10 years 4 weeks ago #242929 by socialfan
Replied by socialfan on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!
I am also tiered of waiting so I checked some alternatives.

Easy Profile looks very promissing. They use Joomla programing standards and integrate straight with the Joomla user manager. Very clean and consitent approach. It doesnt replace cb subs of course. Also it doesnt have auto actions. It does have triggers. I will test this more and might swicth to them. I used cb for 5 years, 25.000 registrations.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 weeks ago #242931 by Roland
Replied by Roland on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!
Yes, Easysocial and Jomsocial all alternatives... For CB Subs I'm just playing with JPayplans...

www.simple-quality.de - The Quality-Web-Portal

10 years 4 weeks ago #242932 by thewebsurfer
Replied by thewebsurfer on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!

Roland wrote: Yes, Easysocial and Jomsocial all alternatives... For CB Subs I'm just playing with JPayplans...

i didnt know so well easysocial, its registration system (with profile type) looks like even more advanced than jomsocial..

10 years 3 weeks ago #242941 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!
@Roland, thewebsurfer, socialfan:

Yes CB 2.0 was planned years ago and yes CB 2.0 b3 has taken longer than expected.

You are disappointed - so are we.

I can quote reasons for delay but I will not, because it will not help get things out sooner. The team is working as quickly as possible to get things ready for next release.

You are all free to explore solutions that you feel will support your use cases as best as possible, but please, keep this discussion focused on its topic.

Thank you.

10 years 3 weeks ago #242943 by sirweb
Replied by sirweb on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!
I have also waited a long time for 2.0
But I prefer waiting a few weeks/months longer to get a stable product, rather than the CB team rushes 2.0 out just because of getting it out.
Keep up the good work, guys! :)

I miss a couple of things in backend, will there be improvements on these?
- The Advanxed search function that forgets the search criteria
- Filtering in all lists, ie Fields list
- It would be much more useful to have a standard Control panel as CB landing page instead of the credits page, like most other components. :)

10 years 3 weeks ago #242956 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!

- The Advanxed search function that forgets the search criteria

We've yet to implement the advanced search back into the XML backend usage, but hopefully the search criteria can be maintained when navigating back to user management. It's something I'll be testing for once we've it implemented back in.

Filtering in all lists, ie Fields list

This has already been implemented. All the management pages have a lot of filtering options. For example you can filter field management to a specific type, tab, etc..

It would be much more useful to have a standard Control panel as CB landing page instead of the credits page, like most other components.

This is also planned. Basically a control panel page similar to what you see in CBSubs. Idea is this page would also have some statistics about the users like recently registered and more (already implemented similar statistics on frontend using modules).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sirweb

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn