Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!

10 years 2 months ago #239602 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!

While trying to create a blog (as a Super Administrator) from the Joomla backend -> CB control panel -> Plugin Management -> [Blogs] -> New I am facing white page with the following error (Joomla Error Reporting = "System Default"):

Do a search and replace as follows to fix this.

IN: /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbblogs/admin.cbblogs.php
backendPluginUrl
TO:
backendPluginMenuUrl

Fixed for next Beta. Note this only affects backend management of blogs.

But will CB2.0 use Bootstrap 2 or 3?

Bootstrap 3.

And will CB always load the complete Bootstrap library, also if just the login-module on a site), because Bootstrap is loading also huge unnecessary stuff.

No, we don't use any of Twitter Bootstrap JS. We only use its CSS at this time (we've other, better, jQuery plugins that provide the JS functionality). We also load Twitter Bootstrap with a namespace so it's impossible for it to conflict or alter styling outside of the namespace. Right now we do not load it all the time. We only load our template.css and fontawesome.css at all times when CBs template is loaded. Note CBs modules do not use CB styling. They are designed to match Joomla 1:1 so the modules fit in correctly with your site.

See our discussion here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-profession...dmin-question#218138

Such heavy changes to the ACL are likely not going to happen with CB 2.0, but most likely CB 2.1.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sirweb, AlexSmirnov

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #239618 by aalisg
Replied by aalisg on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!
Hello and congratulations for your work on CB 2 !

I would like to know if you consider allowing searches on multiple fields ? Let me explain myself through an example:

I run a high school alumni website where users can specify the universities they attempted. These informations are actually stored in several fields (bachelor university, master univeristy, PH.d. university). So when someone search a university an alumni maybe attented he has to try three searches: one per field. So, it would be great if one search could crawl several fields at a time: it will save time, be clearer and more esthetic.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards

10 years 2 months ago #239621 by krileon
For that I suggest using CB Search Bot. This allows searching CB users using Joomlas search module and parses the search from a single input. I doubt userlists will see such a feature as I can't see a way of implementing it without major changes to the userlist search behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago #239705 by CarlosEVC
Replied by CarlosEVC on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!
Very glad to here these news. Congratulations and good work as always :)

Just woud like to know if upgrade from 1.9 to 2.0 will be a one click operation, or do we have to use this new version 2.0 only on brand new sites.

Looking forward to your kind answer.

10 years 2 months ago #239717 by krileon

Just woud like to know if upgrade from 1.9 to 2.0 will be a one click operation

Sure is. Upgrading is done the same way you've always upgraded. If you've any incompatible or out of date JP plugins installed then plugin management will let you know as well.

Below is an example screenshot of what incompatible plugins will look like.

Note they'll still function as best as possible, but we can't guarantee they will.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

10 years 2 months ago #239902 by crealiagroup
Replied by crealiagroup on topic Community Builder 2.0 b2 released!
Hi,

I'm testing the new field for terms and condition. I would create 2 diffeent fields:

- privacy policy
- terms and conditions

and user must accept both. It seems work fine but when I watch the registration form I see this:

Privacy Policy > Accept Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions > Accept Terms and Conditions

The best way would be to display a text like "Accept Privacy Policy" and "Accept Terms and Conditions" instead of always show "Terms and Condition" for both fields, so CB should automatically display the field Title instead of "Terms and Conditions" (and also the translated variable used for multi language)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn