Community Builder 2.0 beta 3 released !

10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #243567 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 3 released !

dotcom22 wrote: Mmmm I start to be a bit less enthusiast.. :( I can of course test this beta but for be able to find hidden bugs and report them, that's necessary to make more than some quick test. Is required to use CB (like in normal conditions when starting a new site) by creating fields, registration process, create users, list, profile, play with tab, substitution and all community aspect. I must invest a bunch of time without be sure all job can be re-used for continue the project. Taking the risk to restart again from the scratch because upgrade failed from Beta to RC is quite annoying. If you could give some guaranteed (I know is difficult) to release your RC in a way that will not cause a bunch of problem/broke the whole system when upgrading from Beta this will be better.

We're releasing the Beta so more users can help us test for bugs and provide feedback to further improve RC/Stable releases. I suppose the time is wasted depending how you look at it, but I would say helping test and provide invaluable feedback for a better CB is not wasted. If you have a deadline to meet for a production site then of course don't use CB 2.0, as it's a Beta and should not be used for production sites; use CB 1.9.1 then just upgrade later.

dotcom22 wrote: I hesitate also because I seen the release of Joomla 3.5 has been much delayed and Joomla 3.3 planned for 1 April is now planned for end of month. Maybe is better (as Kyle suggested me for my case) to start with 1.9.1 with current Joomla stable and upgrade slowly later both Joomla and CB. I would like be in production in more less 3 month (with also all others CB plugin as mentioned above) and this seem to not realist. I know is not very useful for you.. :blush: :S However I will try to make some test with Beta..

If you need to launch a production site soon then yes use CB 1.9.1.

mjl1817 wrote: I have been playing with the new audio file field. The only thing is you do not seem to have it so that it can be used for streaming audio. Is this functionality not built into the field or did I miss something?

If it is not an included functionality, please, oh please, do add it. It would be priceless to have that ability

Audio field, like the video field, can Link to an audio file or have an audio file uploaded. If you link to an audio file then yes it streams the audio in. Aside from that you need to clarify further what you're wanting.

If anyone has a support issue please post to your respective support forums. Support questions will not be answered here. In order to provide the best level of support we need to keep things organized. Thank you for your understanding.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 week ago #243609 by mjl1817
Replied by mjl1817 on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 3 released !

mjl1817 wrote: I have been playing with the new audio file field. The only thing is you do not seem to have it so that it can be used for streaming audio. Is this functionality not built into the field or did I miss something?

If it is not an included functionality, please, oh please, do add it. It would be priceless to have that ability

Audio field, like the video field, can Link to an audio file or have an audio file uploaded. If you link to an audio file then yes it streams the audio in. Aside from that you need to clarify further what you're wanting.

I am referring to shoutcast and icecast live streaming. with them you do not link to a file, you link to a port such as 192.232.208.32:9998 <-- this is an actual station of mine.

<audio autoplay preload="auto" controls src="192.232.208.32:9998/;">

I wish I knew, Then we would both know.

10 years 1 week ago #243614 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 3 released !

mjl1817 wrote:

I am referring to shoutcast and icecast live streaming. with them you do not link to a file, you link to a port such as 192.232.208.32:9998 <-- this is an actual station of mine.

Can't you just use a delimiter field for this?

10 years 1 week ago #243621 by crealiagroup
Replied by crealiagroup on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 3 released !
Hi,

at moment I see that Term and Condition field is a check box. Would you consider this field as radio type where I can set 2 variable for languages like:

Yes, I accept... bla bla...
No, I don't accept... bla bla..

And in case user select "NO, ..." he can't go on with registration and a custom messages is displayed.

10 years 1 week ago #243622 by crealiagroup
Replied by crealiagroup on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 3 released !
I just upgraded from CB 2.0b2 (that was already upgraded from CB 1.9.1) and I got those messages:

Error

Community Builder library lib_CBLib version is older than the Community Builder version 1.9.1 tried to be installed.
Warning

Component Install: Custom install routine failure

Package Install: There was an error installing an extension: com_comprofiler.zip
Error installing package

10 years 1 week ago #243631 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 3 released !

mjl1817 wrote: I am referring to shoutcast and icecast live streaming. with them you do not link to a file, you link to a port such as 192.232.208.32:9998 <-- this is an actual station of mine.

Ah, thank you for clarification and URL. I've successfully implemented streaming support. If you supply a URL like that in next release to an audio field when using Linking it'll stream it in perfectly fine.

I just upgraded from CB 2.0b2 (that was already upgraded from CB 1.9.1) and I got those messages:

Please uninstall the Beta 2 package then install Beta 3 and it should work fine. Thank you for reporting this as it seams there could be an issue with the CBLib upgraded. I've created a bug ticket to investigate this issue further.

I would also like to note the following again. Feedback and discussion is fine here, but please lets keep support related posts in the support forums as it's easier for me to keep track of the issues.

If anyone has a support issue please post to your respective support forums. Support questions will not be answered here. In order to provide the best level of support we need to keep things organized. Thank you for your understanding.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, crealiagroup

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn