Community Builder 2.0 beta 3 released !

9 years 11 months ago #245029 by marsal65
Replied by marsal65 on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 3 released !
Hello! :cheer:
I know that production release CB 2.0 depends by beta stage, but is it predictable when there will be the "go live"? Days, weeks, months?
Thanks! ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #245031 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 3 released !

I know that production release CB 2.0 depends by beta stage, but is it predictable when there will be the "go live"? Days, weeks, months?

No, it's done when it's done.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marsal65

9 years 11 months ago #245033 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 3 released !
years is possible too. I am waiting just 2 years. ;-) sorry, but it's true
The following user(s) said Thank You: marsal65

9 years 11 months ago #245036 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 3 released !

jojo12 wrote: years is possible too. I am waiting just 2 years. ;-) sorry, but it's true

That was an easy one. ;)
Nope, years is not possible anymore, sorry, we're too close to the RC release (with a possible quick beta 4 even closer). :P

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

9 years 11 months ago #245049 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 3 released !
If I'm not wrong usually on Joomlapolis when you release RC,this version can be installed in production site even if not stable...correct ?

Nant told me recently also all CB addons need to be adapted for be compatible with CB 2.0. About that, have you a roadmap of which plugin you will make compatible first ? I understand perfectly you cannot say when RC/Stable will be released but you have probably an idea of the time required for adapt your plugins.

Personally I will need especially CBsubs, Auto-Action and Conditional and I hope CBsubs will be the first plugin adapted. Then Auto-Action and Conditional are probably the most useful, powerful and indispensable plugins. All others plugins are of course terrific but they are not at my opinion a priority.

I started a new project under 1.9.1 and now I have only 2 choice:

1) Continue with 1.9.1 and spend a lot time for create all stuff I need for validate some specific usage and concept. Then when ready, upgrade to CB 2.0 and redo a big part of the work, because the news feature introduced (especially a better users fields management) allow to make some process (with Auto-Action and Conditional) in a way much more simple, efficient and logic than that I could do with 1.9.1.

2) Stop everything and wait without to know if this project is feasible.

I would prefer the option 1 reason why an estimation would be welcome for help me to know where I go and as I'm supposed to get organized.

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

9 years 11 months ago #245065 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 3 released !

If I'm not wrong usually on Joomlapolis when you release RC,this version can be installed in production site even if not stable...correct ?

Yes and no. We consider RC to be pretty stable, but you need to have some caution as it's still not an official Stable build. There can/will be changes between RC and Stable, but doubtful of anything major changing. The plugins still won't be ready during RC though.

Nant told me recently also all CB addons need to be adapted for be compatible with CB 2.0. About that, have you a roadmap of which plugin you will make compatible first ?

CB Auto Actions then smallest to largest plugin. The smaller simpler plugins that require less changes will all be released first.

Personally I will need especially CBsubs, Auto-Action and Conditional and I hope CBsubs will be the first plugin adapted. Then Auto-Action and Conditional are probably the most useful, powerful and indispensable plugins. All others plugins are of course terrific but they are not at my opinion a priority.

CBSubs will have a new 3.0.1 bug fix released to be compatible with CB 2.0 and address some of the major bugs then a 3.1.0 feature release. That's the idea as it stands now, but that's subject to change of course. I'll be prioritizing incubator projects by time investment. For example a plugin that just has 5 minutes worth of fixes will be fixed and released before say something that has days worth of fixes.

1) Continue with 1.9.1 and spend a lot time for create all stuff I need for validate some specific usage and concept. Then when ready, upgrade to CB 2.0 and redo a big part of the work, because the news feature introduced (especially a better users fields management) allow to make some process (with Auto-Action and Conditional) in a way much more simple, efficient and logic than that I could do with 1.9.1.

Just keep using CB 1.9.1. Avoid making/using any core code hacks. You should then be fine when it comes time to upgrade.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn