Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !

9 years 10 months ago #245358 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Looking at the genfer option

redhart wrote: Hey Guys,

I don't suppose that there is any basic info on Field Layouts?

I have lots of fields that are simply = 1 or 0 for Yes and No that I want to replace with a picture :)
I was using the fields delimeter a long time ago but just rusty now. If I select Custom HMTL there are no parameters

Custom HTML doesn't need layouts. Its primary purpose is a layout already. For your checkbox fields you'd edit them then change the layout on the checkbox field directly. So for example you'd add IF substitutions to your checkbox layouts to show an image instead of doing this through a delimiter field. Please note for now [value] must be present in the layout or it won't output. We'll be looking into whether this is necessary through before going RC/Stable.

semco wrote: Hi,

I have also discovered that the register button at the bottom of the registration page is not present. I tried to configure the button however I could not find the location to change it.

Thank you
j 2,6
cb 2.04
my community

If you're using the MyCommunity CB profile template it is no longer compatible. Please ensure you're using only the Default CB profile template. If issue persists please provide a URL to your registration page so I can inspect the HTML to see if it's even being rendered in.

andrewheritage wrote: For the gender option it would be great if it could be more LGBTQ aware i.e. not offering only the two M and F types. There are plenty of people out there that are "gender fluid" and so having the ability to add at least one more would be great (if you are not sure about there being more than two genders please look up things like the hijra of India and Pakistan, transexuals etc.)

We don't have built in gender support and have no plans to at this time purely due to this issue. We do not want to determine what genders should or should not be available. So for a gender field you'd just create a select fieldtype and add whatever values you like. We also do not want to hardcode in conditionals, which should be done using CB Conditionals, substitutions, or later in CB 2.1 XML layouts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #246051 by citified
Replied by citified on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !
What plugins can work with b.4 all or only some?

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #246054 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !

What plugins can work with b.4 all or only some?

None that the bad point :pinch:

We need to wait the release of CB 2.0 stable before CB team start to make compatible all plugins... :(

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

9 years 10 months ago #246094 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !
I have actually on my CB 1.9.1 around 30 custom fields inside one custom tab. I must now create 10 others tab and copy/create these fields and place inside my custom tabs. This process is quite annoying to do manually and will take a bunch of time. With CB 2.0 this could be more simple and shorter to do with your news enhancement related to "copy fields" and "batch tools".

I wondering if is possible to install CB 2.0 beta only for let me make this copy fields process and then revert back to 1.9.1.

any clue?

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

9 years 10 months ago #246099 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !

I have actually on my CB 1.9.1 around 30 custom fields inside one custom tab. I must now create 10 others tab and copy/create these fields and place inside my custom tabs. This process is quite annoying to do manually and will take a bunch of time. With CB 2.0 this could be more simple and shorter to do with your news enhancement related to "copy fields" and "batch tools".

You can copy fields and tabs now in CB 2.0. If you copy a tab you've created (non-system/non-plugin) with fields on it then it'll copy the tab and the fields on it in 1 go. Fields that can't be copied are skipped though.

I wondering if is possible to install CB 2.0 beta only for let me make this copy fields process and then revert back to 1.9.1.

I don't recommend doing that. We don't have any downgrade functionality built in.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 9 months ago #246585 by mjl1817
Replied by mjl1817 on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !
Hi guys, I spoke with ya back during the beta 3 release about streaming audio form the audio filed, ya said you had made changes to it to allow for it but now in the beta4 release it still cannot be done. When I attempt to add a streaming audio url it gives me the following error

Error
radio : Please link only audio/wma, audio/m4a, audio/mp3, audio/wav, audio/mpeg, audio/flv, audio/x-flv, audio/youtube, audio/x-youtube, audio/aac, audio/mp4, audio/ogg, audio/webm, audio/wave, audio/x-wav

being that streaming audio ends with a port number and not file type.. it's not working. the format for making it streaming is as such 192.232.208.32:9998 <--- that is an actual working station.

I can see 2.0 being able to get ahead of any other joomla add on by including this in the audio field. the three major broadcast servers are ice cast, shoustcast 1.9 & shoutcast 2. It would also be really really great if it could also read the data from the stream and give the pertinent information such as song name,title ect..

I wish I knew, Then we would both know.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.494 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn