Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #246607 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !
Looks like it broke. Fixing for next release. Beta 4 the fields were changed to inherit from web address, which doesn't work well for this usage as it needs the protocol which web address fields strip. Needs to go back to inheriting from normal text field and looks like our jQuery plugin for the streaming isn't working too great so will need to investigate that too.

Update: Ok, was able to resolve. You can quickfix using the below.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php
ON: Line 6028 (may vary)
class CBfield_audio extends CBfield_webaddress {
TO:
class CBfield_audio extends CBfield_text {

Please also note you need to provide valid streaming URLs for the streaming sources. An example of a valid streaming source is as follows.

192.240.102.5:7025/;

Shoutcast URLs require the /; for the streaming source to be returned. I've tested working with the above URL and a dozen others from Shoutcast as working. Your URL should begin with a protocol (e.g. http://).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjl1817

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #246729 by mjl1817
Replied by mjl1817 on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 4 released !
have two things occuring, first the stream is not working in beta 5.

In accessing a list via the menu I get the following error

Fatal error: Cannot access static:: when no class scope is active in /home/++++++/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Language/Pluralization.php on line 53

I wish I knew, Then we would both know.

9 years 9 months ago #246739 by krileon

have two things occuring, first the stream is not working in beta 5

You have to provide valid streaming URLs. See my example URL above, which is working fine in Beta 5. Shoutcast streaming URLs for example must have the ";" at the end otherwise you're just accessing a normal website and not the streaming site. This is the case for multiple streaming services (they've URLs specifically for streaming). I can not guarantee every streaming URL will work. You'll need to provide what streaming URL isn't working for you specifically so I can see what format it may need to be in (you can PM me this URL if you don't want it public).

Fatal error: Cannot access static:: when no class scope is active in /home/++++++/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Language/Pluralization.php on line 53

Please provide Joomla version and PHP version.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 9 months ago #246763 by mjl1817
Setting Value

PHP Built On Linux som.someradiostation.com 2.6.32-042stab079.6 #1 SMP Mon Aug 26 19:47:50 MSK 2013 x86_64
Database Version 5.5.37-cll
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.3.26
Web Server Apache/2.2.26 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.26 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_bwlimited/1.4
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.3.1 Stable [ Ember ] 11-June-2014 13:30 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/35.0.1916.153 Safari/537.36

9 years 9 months ago #246764 by mjl1817
In the beta 5, I have used the url I have had for a while and then tested it with the one you posted, when I try to load it I get this error:

Error
radio : Please link only audio/wma, audio/m4a, audio/mp3, audio/wav, audio/mpeg, audio/flv, audio/x-flv, audio/youtube, audio/x-youtube, audio/aac, audio/mp4, audio/ogg, audio/webm, audio/wave, audio/x-wav

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #246776 by krileon

PHP Version 5.3.26

Yup, that'd be the cause. Please see Beats post below where a quickfix solution has been provided.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/225889-community-builder-20-beta-5-released?start=18#246751

In the beta 5, I have used the url I have had for a while and then tested it with the one you posted, when I try to load it I get this error:

That shouldn't be the case. I've just tested again the below URL and it's still working fine. You need to have a protocol so it should begin with at least http://, which is valid for IP Addresses.

http://192.240.102.5:7025/;

get_headers function is used on the supplied URL to grab the content type for the URL. The streaming site has to send correct headers for an audio source. If it doesn't or the URL can't be reached then you'll get that error. Be sure to test with debug mode enabled and maximum error reporting set as a fatal PHP error maybe breaking this behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn