Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !

9 years 9 months ago #246786 by Magic2014
Replied by Magic2014 on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !
Hey Guys,

I haven't downloaded B5 yet (will be shortly) but just wanted to comment based on the highlights I've been seeing.

Now you guys are cooking with Crisco (or canoloa oil or whatever...)!

These are the type features I've been talking about. CB1 of course was fundamentally and technically sound but it needed to be awesome for today's internet and users. From everything I'm seeing with CB2, it looks like it accomplishes that, and then some. First, it is attractive on the frontend (very nice). And I don't care what people say, looks do matter. Secondly, I'm seeing a high degree of flexibility and customization for both the user and administrator (without necessitating a great degree of technical expertise... in other words: simple, fast, and to the point). Thirdly, it is robust (i.e. powerful, thorough, full-featured), which of course with today's users and internet capabilities, if it is not robust it will get lost in the current somewhere. The long and short of it guys, it appears to be a prime-time product, something we've all been looking for.

I'll be downloading and testing for bugs and capability.
Magic
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat, nant, krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #246792 by paxx
Replied by paxx on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !
Hi
Some moore info for you:
After inactivating the CB Template changer so I could access "Update profile" page I had this notice:

Notice: Undefined index: allow_profileviewbyGID in /storage/content/../../../../components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprivacy/cbprivacy.class.php on line 653

Inactivating the CB Privacy plugin solved this.

Also have some styling issues with the canvas layout see attached file.
Field for "friends" and "hits"
Alsoo the nested tab menu does not show up under the more tab.

If the problem can be solved why worry? If the problem cannot be solved, worrying will do you no good.
Attachments:

9 years 9 months ago #246800 by pepperstreet
Nested Tab Menu

paxx wrote: ...
Alsoo the nested tab menu does not show up under the more tab.

Interesting, you got at least a Drop-Down menu with triangle icon... Although I found the new style option some days ago, I was not able to get a similar output. (Joomla 2.5) I just got a regular menu bar style. No matter in which position, no matter if there were multiple tabs with this style.

Question:
Maybe I am missing the obvious. How is the general setup and usage of this style?
Thanks in advance.

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #246804 by paxx
@pepperstreet

To be honest, I have not a clue, it is a little trying and failing right now.
But what I've discovered is that if you have more than four "nested tab menus" the dropdown will not show all tabs will then be visible.
se attached images.

If the problem can be solved why worry? If the problem cannot be solved, worrying will do you no good.
Attachments:

9 years 9 months ago #246820 by krileon
Run the Canvas tool within CB > Tools. It'll auto adjust your tabs for proper canvas usage. You may also have some CSS conflicts coming from 3rd party extensions, Joomla template, or CB plugins. So please be sure to test with default Joomla template to see if there could be a conflict coming from your Joomla template. Also ensure you're using the CB Default template as none of our other templates are CB 2.0 compatible.

The way the nested tabs work is simply a tab display mode. Each display mode that has a tabbed output also has a nested output. In the case of the tab menu you've "Tab Menu", which is normal menu bar display. Then you've "Nested Tab Menu", which is the "More" dropdown. There's no limit to how many tabs you place on "Nested Tab Menu", but "Tab Menu" is limited to the amount of space available. I've already improved the more dropdown to never overflow with next release though so that should help avoid it disappearing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

9 years 9 months ago #246822 by martinmg
Hi,

When I try to edit my personal details I noticed a field validation error. The field "Username" has the authorized input set to "Single a-z, A-Z, 0-9...." and I'm trying the username: abcdef. Even if I set the authorized input to "Single word" I get the validation error. Setting it to "Any string" works.

regards
Martin
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn