Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #247461 by krileon

Question: Can you tell me why this is, and how to fix it so I can continue testing CB2b5 with offline online site?

That's a known bug fixed for RC. Turn off offline mode or disable URL redirecting and rewriting within CB system plugin in Extensions > Plug-in Manager.

Bug Report: If you are using a substitution value name on a tab it will not show on profile edit. I filled in a place value holder as well as adding something in the edit layout, The tab is there and you can click on it but no text shows up showing you the tab.

Substitution value name on a tab? You mean substituting a field value for tab title? The field needs to have an actual value before profile edit displays or it's just going to substitute in an empty value.

Bug Report:If I add 15 fields to a tab then the tab function fails to work, it will not switch from tab to tab. (only tried in profile view, three file formats used textfield, audio, rating)

There's no limit to the number of fields per tab. My current tab has over 20 and is functioning fine. My current tab has 1 of every one of our field types. Please be sure something else on your site isn't conflicting. Tabs not switching means you've a fatal JS error present as tab changing is jQuery based. Press F12 in Chrome or Firefox and review the browser console to see what error is happening.

Can a button on the list management be made that would enable us to turn off the list name for individual list? right now it is all or nothing..

I don't understand the question. Turn off list name? Just edit your list and set title as an empty string, it's not required.

For the profile image layout, can it be made so that we can allow users to pick it they want circle or not with their profile?

No, the styling is site wide to provide consistent design. As it's just a CSS class you could use a new field with field layout to customize the output to whatever you like, which would allow for this.

Can we get a way to use a "show more" link inside a tab? For instance, I want the users to be able to load as many as 15 audio files in a single tab but for aesthetics I want only the first five or so to show when they first open the tab.

No, that's way too specific to your needs. You'd need to implement this your self using jQuery, which you could add to the page using CB Auto Actions and the profile display triggers.

Can we make the showing of a field conditioned upon the presence of another field? for instance, the ratings field, will only show if a certain field is not empty. Right now the ratings field will not show properly when inserted within the layout. (That would work for that field but I can think of many other times that different fields would be conditioned upon other certain fields not being empty.

Conditionals are planned to be moved into core probably around CB 2.1, but for now you can use CB Conditionals to do this.

And last (well for now anyway) Is it possible to set a weblink field to show an image rather than the text of a link? would be great for things like having people put in their facebook or twitter links using an icon than than the printed link.

Yes, use the Layout feature available to every field to customize how it appears. Substitutions are fully supported in layouts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #247492 by Magic2014

That's a known bug fixed for RC. Turn off offline mode or disable URL redirecting and rewriting within CB system plugin in Extensions > Plug-in Manager.

Sounds like it's already taken care of with the RC install.
Thanks for getting back.

9 years 5 months ago #249834 by pasquale1980
Replied by pasquale1980 on topic Community Builder 2.0 beta 5 released !
Hi, I installed Community Builder 2.0 on a test site to see the new features and adopt it for my site live. Certainly will be resolved the problems that I noticed, however, I expose it:

1) The registration form will not open for an error in:
a) CB Plugin Password Strength, error: (Plugin CB Password Strength (Fatal error:
Cannot access protected property CB\Database\Table\FieldTable::$_db in /membri
/pasquale8/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpasswordstrength
/cbpasswordstrength.php on line 20)

b) CB Plugin Verify Email, error: (Fatal error: Cannot access protected property
CB\Database\Table\FieldTable::$_db in /membri/pasquale8/components/com_comprofiler
/plugin/user/plug_cbverifyemail/cbverifyemail.php on line 20)

2) The user profile can not be opened for an error on the rating field, error: (Fatal
error: Call to undefined method cbFieldHandler :: cbFieldHandler () in /membri
/pasquale8/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_ratingfield/ratingfield.php on
line 28 )

3) An external component "Country and State Field" does not work, error: (Fatal error:
Call to undefined method cbFieldHandler :: cbFieldHandler () in /membri/pasquale8
/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_countryandstatefield
/countrystatefield.php on line 24)

4) The component Uddeinm for the management of private messages works partially,
accessing from the userlist (I have added a tab in the user profile), error: (Fatal
error: Call to undefined method getuddeimTab :: cbPMSHandler () in /membri/pasquale8
/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_privatemessagingsystem(uddeimpms)
/pms.uddeim.php on line 68)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn