Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC3 Released

9 years 6 months ago #249560 by nant

jojo12 wrote:

. but guys ... I see very little testing ..

I don't understand, in all these plugins in the download area, there are no actual modified dates. So it seems to be the old one. So I wait for testing more. The RC3 nightly build I tested.

We have not released these extra plugins for testing yet.

But we have released CB 2.0 RC3 and nightly builds.

We have also prepared a testing cases outline for people to test here:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/226467-cb-20-rc3-test-cases

No one has referenced or reported any test coverage on these cases.

Guys, if we do not cover these test cases we either do not release until we have or we release untested code - I am not sure which one is worse.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #249562 by nant

giorgionasis wrote:

jojo12 wrote:

. but guys ... I see very little testing ..

I don't understand, in all these plugins in the download area, there are no actual modified dates. So it seems to be the old one. So I wait for testing more. The RC3 nightly build I tested.

good point!!!

See reply I have to jojo earlier.

Don't get me wrong - we are grateful for whatever feedback you give us - even statements like "I tested", but these do not help our confidence.

For example did anyone try to change the

Configuration -> General tab -> Email Handling parameter ?

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #249612 by krileon

jojo12 wrote: I don't understand, in all these plugins in the download area, there are no actual modified dates. So it seems to be the old one. So I wait for testing more. The RC3 nightly build I tested.

New builds of the plugins will be made available with CB 2.0 goes Stable (same day). Any still needing upgrades after that will be released afterwards.

crealiagroup wrote: Yes I know that I can manually resend confirmation email. But I always forget to do it so using a cron and an autoaction would be perfect.

We currently don't have the API for this or scheduler API. It's planned in a future CB 2.x release or possible CB 3.x. Note when I say 3.x it does not mean years and years from now as we're working on a process to improve our release schedule.

Madan wrote: Just want to make sure I understand it right: CB conditional plugin will be updated to use for conditional properties? Just having the step by Step removed?

Seems like we have a lot of CB-goodies to look forward to. Thanks for all the effort and have a nice week-end.

Step by Step is being removed, because we've implemented Step by Step built into the core of CB. You can enable it from CB > Configuration > Registration by changing the registration layout to Step by Step. This uses CBs own tab API to generate tabs like found in profile edit, but with the behavior of previous/next type navigation. CB Conditional should automatically work with this as it's already designed to handle standard CB tabs, but it'll see a new release regardless to address any issues that maybe present (I've yet to fully internally test it for issues).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #249636 by KatoKalin

krileon wrote: I will have GJ upgraded absolutely last as it was mid-major release when CB 2.0 development really kicked off

Do I understand correctly that there is a major GJ in the works? Any details on planned features already?
Will it finally have a real wall feature, like jomwall.com/tour or stackideas.com/easysocial?

This easysocial thing looks extremly good and leaves the impression as if it was made from one piece.

I hope that Community Builder can catch up.

9 years 5 months ago #249639 by allenjj
I just upgraded to RC3 on my test site and no problems with install. Upgraded joomla 3.3.3 first to 3.3.4. All users seem to work fine. However with it installed I find I am unable to install K2 and get the following error:
1146 Table 'cdmaste1.tdn_k2_categories' doesn't exist SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `tdn_k2_categories`
The new backend has a nice look and feel. Kunena seems to work nicely.

John

9 years 5 months ago #249646 by krileon

KatoKalin wrote: Do I understand correctly that there is a major GJ in the works? Any details on planned features already?
Will it finally have a real wall feature, like jomwall.com/tour or stackideas.com/easysocial?

Yes a major release is in the works. A full wall won't be available until CB Activity and the various API plugins I have planned are developed. Once they are then it'll see an upgrade from it's traditional multi-tab to a singular wall like you're familiar with on other social sites. So yes what you're wanting is planned, but no it's not in the next release of GJ.

KatoKalin wrote: This easysocial thing looks extremly good and leaves the impression as if it was made from one piece.

As plugins mature they are merged into CBs core. We've already done this with half a dozen plugins for CB 2.0. Once GJ has reached its maturity and complete stability we can merge it into CBs core and it becomes a part of the standard CB release. All our plugins are designed to blend in very very well though so to an enduser they have no clue what is and isn't a part of CB. This keeps CB very module, which IMO is one of our best features.

KatoKalin wrote: I hope that Community Builder can catch up.

I really don't know what to say to that. With all we've accomplished with CB 2.0 this is rather disheartening to read. We of course have plans to further improve.

allenjj wrote: I just upgraded to RC3 on my test site and no problems with install. Upgraded joomla 3.3.3 first to 3.3.4. All users seem to work fine. However with it installed I find I am unable to install K2 and get the following error:
1146 Table 'cdmaste1.tdn_k2_categories' doesn't exist SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `tdn_k2_categories`
The new backend has a nice look and feel. Kunena seems to work nicely.

Where are you getting this exactly? during K2 install? If so I don't see how it could be CB as we don't act on Joomlas install triggers or anything of the sort. Sounds like your issue is coming from K2 trying to check the columns of a database table that doesn't exist yet. Disable debug mode and maximum error reporting then attempt to install K2 and it should be ok. I recommend contacting K2 though to see what they could suggest. The only plugin I can think of that could cause a problem is maybe CB Blogs trying to use K2, but I can't see why it would be loading during install of K2.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn