CB Activity 3.0 Preview

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #262964 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity 3.0 Preview

Version of CB Activity 2.4.3 did not work with CB galleries Gallery 1.0.3. She brought the user activity from the gallery. The new version has corrected this error?

CB Activity will not log activity. CB Gallery will be upgraded to log and display its own activity. This is to avoid CB Activity having to keep up with dozens of plugin APIs and causing issues like what we see now with CB Blogs activity not working. I will be upgrading the various plugins to handle their activity when I'm done with the rewrite.

And the second question, when you download and try the new version?? Number date??

When it's done. This is just a preview post to show our progress.

Would be nice something like this:

Adding photos, files, music, and videos will be done by CB Gallery. CB Activity can be extended and CB Gallery will provide those features. The remainaing core features are as follows.

Person: add a person to the status post
Location: add your location, with relationship (e.g. At XYZ, Going To XYZ), and will support mapping
Link: add a URL to a post as an attachment under the post with inline scrolling left/right through the links

Other features not yet implemented are video, audio, and image URL parsing into links. The idea is for example if you add an image URL to a status post it displays the image instead of just a clickable URL.

The everyone, me, connections, etc.. type filtering is planned but not until 4.0.0 when I add following, likes, and sharing usages. The filtering would only apply to the profile stream of course.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet, marketsetc, catalincb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #263028 by Vasilij30
Replied by Vasilij30 on topic CB Activity 3.0 Preview
to rate the plugin can only put it on the website and to work with him. Too early to speak about the joy

8 years 11 months ago #263267 by pipingdesigners
Replied by pipingdesigners on topic CB Activity 3.0 Preview
Looking forward to it ... the teaser looks good.
Something I've been hoping for for a while, I'm hoping that eventually, I will be able to put the activity streaming and CB, front and centre of my site, ie., make it the homepage.

I would love to set it up like a kind of "LinkedIn" for my community, with all the CMS features, articles, Jobs, forum etc, branching out from there.

Can't wait to get my hands on it, exciting times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

8 years 11 months ago #263274 by krileon

I'm hoping that eventually, I will be able to put the activity streaming and CB, front and centre of my site, ie., make it the homepage.

You will be able to with CB Activity 3.0.0 RC1. You'll be able to create internal Joomla menu items to My Activity or Recent Activity pages then mark them as homepage if you wanted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

8 years 10 months ago #263296 by sportpaar
Replied by sportpaar on topic CB Activity 3.0 Preview
Hello, the preview shows a good work.

When can we test the new activity steam in our live site? (For Profssional Membership!).

Thank you,
Jan

8 years 10 months ago #263301 by krileon

When can we test the new activity steam in our live site? (For Profssional Membership!).

Soon, now that CB 2.0.8 is out we can prepare CB Activity 3.0.0 RC1 release.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, davidmarshall15, Vasilij30, sportpaar

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn