CB Activity 3.0 RC1 Released

8 years 11 months ago #263603 by nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #263605 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity 3.0 RC1 Released
With this release everyone needs to be made aware of a few major changes.

1. CB Activity does not log activity anymore. Previously it would log activity based off various behavior (login, register, blog post, etc..). CB Activity is designed to handle the display and storage aspect. API has been developed that plugins will utilize for logging activity. Once CB Activity has gone stable I will upgrade various plugins to log their activity.

2. Stream functionality is incomplete. Adding links, people, and location to status posts is planned for RC2. Being able to block posts from an entire user or type is also not implemented and planned for RC3.

3. There is currently no way to log new activity without direct database insert. All previous methods are no longer compatible. One way do insert new activity is use a Query action in CB Auto Actions. The activity action will be upgraded once gone Stable.

4. Previous activity should be completely purged from your site. There are many custom substitutions that will no longer parse that were a part of previous CB Activity releases. This is not required, but strongly recommended.

The major focus of this release is feedback and testing on status posting and commenting. If any of the above is an issue for you then do not use CB Activity 3.0.0 RC1 and I advise waiting for Stable as well as plugins to be upgraded to utilize the new API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #263619 by Josh Lewis
Replied by Josh Lewis on topic CB Activity 3.0 RC1 Released
Way to go guys on another great release for Community Builder. Activity streaming is a very important aspect of profile browsing these days, so it looks like your putting your focus in exactly the right place. B)

8 years 11 months ago #263625 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity 3.0 RC1 Released

4. Previous activity should be completely purged from your site. There are many custom substitutions that will no longer parse that were a part of previous CB Activity releases.

Does it mean that stable release will also need all previous activity to be purged ??
This would be crazy to loose all activities from our members, just defeat the purpose of a community already established.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #263634 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity 3.0 RC1 Released

Does it mean that stable release will also need all previous activity to be purged ??

Yes, you of course don't have to but it's recommended. The previous CB Activity was using a lot of workaround custom substitutions that won't work anymore. You don't have to purge the activity, but I recommend it. Some activity won't display very nicely if you don't, but you can judge that for your self on a site by site basis.

This would be crazy to loose all activities from our members, just defeat the purpose of a community already established.

I know it sucks, but it's a one time deal. There should be no need for this any further now that the API and structure are properly established.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 11 months ago #263648 by sportpaar
Replied by sportpaar on topic CB Activity 3.0 RC1 Released
Is it correct that actions with Group Jive and Kunena don´t show anymore?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn