CB 2.0.10 already translated in 19 languages!

8 years 7 months ago #270472 by nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #270524 by jpdenny1
Replied by jpdenny1 on topic CB 2.0.10 already translated in 19 languages!
I use the language plug-in, it's great and thank you, shame I can't contribute to Transifex.

There are many languages 100% complete. The projects are within my interest and I have therefore wondered why are some languages so low in completion and what could be done.

My suggestion is this: as we live in a digital age, one could advertise the Transifex project in numerous say universities or language schools around the world that offer translation related courses - futher narrowing the approach down to specific departments. Have what is essentially an (unpaid) job advertisement, with details and also benefits of contributing.

Students could join a project, some could even manage a new project. The cb community get more translations, these contributors get work experience, online project experience etc great for their cv and maybe even a reference as an additional selling point. Win - win.

I'm sure you understand my angle. Thinking outside the box here.

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

8 years 7 months ago #270543 by nant

jpdenny1 wrote: I use the language plug-in, it's great and thank you, shame I can't contribute to Transifex.

There are many languages 100% complete. The projects are within my interest and I have therefore wondered why are some languages so low in completion and what could be done.

My suggestion is this: as we live in a digital age, one could advertise the Transifex project in numerous say universities or language schools around the world that offer translation related courses - futher narrowing the approach down to specific departments. Have what is essentially an (unpaid) job advertisement, with details and also benefits of contributing.

Students could join a project, some could even manage a new project. The cb community get more translations, these contributors get work experience, online project experience etc great for their cv and maybe even a reference as an additional selling point. Win - win.

I'm sure you understand my angle. Thinking outside the box here.

All good comments and thoughts.
Still trying to find the best approach to push for more active translations.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn