GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing

8 years 5 months ago #271756 by nant
The following user(s) said Thank You: kosmos_, jojo12, pepperstreet, joebrickley

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #271759 by kosmos_
Replied by kosmos_ on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
Hi,

uninstalled old plugin and system told me to remove plugin directory. removed and
installed new plugin, i see menu in control panel.
When i click on something in menu i see a white page.

Please help.

Thanks.

8 years 5 months ago #271763 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
The menu items are still going to GJ 2.x. Navigate to Extensions > Modules and change the filter to Administrator. Next edit "CB Menu Dropdown" and under Menus set "CB GroupJive Menu" to "Hide" and "Plugin Menus" to "Show". This is explained directly in the article under "GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 installation recommendations". Please read it thoroughly.

Please understand you just circumvented the upgrade blocking by uninstalling GJ 2.x. GJ 3.x does not have migration code. It is not tested for GJ 2.x to GJ 3.x upgrades yet. You will likely have data loss due to this. Please do not upgrade unless you understand this risk.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

8 years 5 months ago #271764 by kosmos_
Replied by kosmos_ on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
Thanks. Works.

One more question.

How to get access to create a new group for registered users?
When registered user clicks on the green button "create group" it shows

danger
You do not have access to this category.

Thanks.

8 years 5 months ago #271769 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
Create access is configured globally within CB GroupJive > Parameters > Groups > General. It can also be configured on a category by category basis. They shouldn't be able to see or select a category they can't access. Please provide your exact steps to reproduce (are you on all categories, viewing a specific category, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #271773 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic GroupJive 3.0 beta 1 ready for testing
Nice... I just destroyed all my GJ database information by not properly reading the stuff. Luckily it was only my test website...

On the final version, it will migrate all the data over to GJ 3 no? ie which user is in what group etc... no? and Especially the groups in General?

EDIT: will the settings also be lost or migrated? I spent a long time on GJ settings so dont exactly feel like doing it again...

EDIT: is it possible to add a third method of notification (I am currently in GJ plugin backend)?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn