What am I working on?

6 years 5 months ago #298537 by krileon

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #298538 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What am I working on?
Ok the rewrite process for CB Conditional has started. Its next release will be 5.0.0 containing AND/OR usage. Take a look at what the condition structure will look like in 5.0.0 below.

You'll notice each AND/OR case is its own repeat usage. There is no limit here. If you need to cover 20 different OR cases you can. For backwards compatibility Tabs 1 - 5 will just be converted to OR cases. I will do the best I can to make sure migration goes as smoothly as possible.

Please keep in mind the "Conditional others" usecase will be removed and I highly suggest adjusting your conditions accordingly to ensure the migration goes as smooth as possible. This does mean conditioning of a fields options will likely be gone and it's advised if you need to do that to use a Code Select or Query Select field with CB Core Fields Ajax usage of Update On for more reliable display of options based off criteria.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, JoaoTapuia

6 years 4 months ago #298617 by krileon
Just another update. Everything seams to be progressing well. AND/OR usage is working for Tabs and Fields. The conditions are significantly more reliable and since there's only conditional self usecases now they no longer conflict so there's no more conflict headache to worry about. I believe the migration code would be the most difficult part of this rewrite. Anyway, once everything is working well I'll do an additional optimization pass to speed up the PHP side of things (jQuery side is already lightning fast).

A CB update will be needed for this release of CB Conditional as there were some bugs discovered in our repeat jQuery making it impossible to add AND/OR usages due to how the repeat updates input id and name (repeat usage is the Add OR Rows and Add AND Rows).

Again, conditional others will be going away and while there will be migration there's a tiny chance it could fail resulting in lost conditions so if you're using conditional others now I highly encourage switching to conditional self usages to minimize the risk.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

6 years 4 months ago #298636 by krileon
Alright! Tab conditions can now function for userlist search criteria and userlist view. This opens more options for conditioning entire groups of fields during search.

Also I'm considering releasing a Beta next week to get your feedback on the UX and usage of the new AND/OR conditions. It will NOT have migration though so it's purely for feedback and do not recommend installing on a site with existing conditions as it'd wipe out those conditions (which MAY still migrate in stable release). What does everyone think about having a beta of 5.0.0 next week?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, shanenefdt

6 years 4 months ago #298648 by shanenefdt
Replied by shanenefdt on topic What am I working on?
This indeed is MOST welcome! I'm keen to explore more of the features of this already powerful extension!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 4 months ago #298853 by krileon
CB Conditional 5.0.0 Beta 1 is officially released. You can download it here .

Please note this is a Beta. It does not have migration code for previous CB Conditional releases. For this reason you can not upgrade an existing CB Conditional install and will have to uninstall CB Conditional before installing 5.0.0 if you wish to upgrade anyway. Please provide all testing feedback as new support topics in the support forums; do not post support messages here.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn