CB Auto Actions 7.1.0 Nightly Released

6 years 2 months ago #300636 by krileon
The final 7.1.0, at this time, nightly has just released. There are quite a few significant improvements that have been added. Mainly A LOT more system actions. There's now 70 system actions available with most of the new system actions designed to log notifications. Much more notification system actions will be added once some further improvements have been made to GJ, CB Activity, and CB Gallery.

Significant performance improvements have been made to multi-user parsing. Previously each user acted on was an individual database query. It will now properly grab all the users in a single query to improve multi-user action usages (this is when an action loops through an array of users). On top of that 3 new User parameter values have been added as follows.

Connections - Executions the action on all of the users connections (must be fully accepted connections)
Moderators - Executes the action on all of the sites moderators
Custom - Allows you to supply custom PHP to determine an actions user or users (return a single user id or an array of user ids)

Additionally user parsing will no longer be skipped for directly accessed actions allowing for more control over who an action executes against when directly accessed.

2 new format functions as follows have also been added to allow better control over your content.

prepare - This format function allows running the supplied content through Joomla content prepare. This allows for inline content prepare usage instead of being applied to an entire parameter.

substitutions - This format function allows running the supplied content through user substitutions. This allows for inline substitution usage instead of being applied to an entire parameter.

This release, planned to be stable next week, brings all the new API implemented in CB Activity to the CB Activity action type allowing for notification logging and more.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn