Community Builder Private Messaging is here!

5 years 5 months ago #308172 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Community Builder Private Messaging is here!
Very very nice integration, congrats :-)
Just a question : if public messages is activated, it does not seem to display the tab write message or the menu to send a public message, did I miss a config somewhere ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308179 by PhilF1951
Replied by PhilF1951 on topic Community Builder Private Messaging is here!
Check the CB PMS plug in. Disable Global. Superadmins still have use of global messaging.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308213 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder Private Messaging is here!
Please everyone create support topics for any issues or questions you may have. It is difficult to follow multiple issues from multiple people in a single topic.

mikerotec wrote: I have had uddeIM installed for many months and it's working fine. In my configuration only SuperAdmin can send messages to other users.

Now I see that EVERY USER has a "Messages" dropdown ( 'Send Private Message') when I visit their profile as a normal user ! We do not want any user "Other Than SuperAdmin" to have PM capabilities.

How can I remove the "Messages" dropdown from users profiles, without messing up any of my existing uddeIM functionality?

I UNPUBLISHED the [Private Message System] plugin, but the dropdown ( and "New Private Message" is STILL THERE)

This is because you had an incorrectly configured install from the beginning. Do not publish the Private Message System plugin if using UddeIMs plugin or you do not want CB providing PMS functionality. If it does not detect UddeIM it will default to the Internal model otherwise it will default it to integrating with UddeIM (as it did before). You can control access to the PMS functionality by simply adjusting the access to the plugin it self.

mikerotec wrote: PS: where is the DOCUMENTATION for this new feature ??

( I do not see it here: www.joomlapolis.com/documentation )

As this feature was just released there is no documentation for it. I'm not sure it really needs any beyond maybe 1-2 usage tutorials. It works completely out of the box and the parameters within CB > Plugin Management > Private Message System should describe their usage well (suggestions always welcomed if a parameter is not clear enough).

activha wrote: Very very nice integration, congrats :-)
Just a question : if public messages is activated, it does not seem to display the tab write message or the menu to send a public message, did I miss a config somewhere ?

Looks like an access check issue with the menu item and quick message tab. Have added a bug ticket to fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7323

PhilF1951 wrote: Check the CB PMS plug in. Disable Global. Superadmins still have use of global messaging.

I am unable to confirm. Are you sure you adjusted the correct parameter? With "Global Messages" set to "Disable" I am no longer able to send to all users from frontend. Note this does not disable the ability to message all users from backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308355 by Josh Lewis
Replied by Josh Lewis on topic Community Builder Private Messaging is here!
Will there be an admin inbox? This way site users could message the administrators about site issues and assistance? Admin inbox is an inbox that only admins can access which would avoid all the support burden being on a single person. If possible to have a URL to message admins we could program our own JavaScript to put through out the site as a dropdown icon (on an article for example) and allow members to select a reason for reporting or claim missing information that would auto generate a message for the admins. There are dozens of other things one could do if there was an admin inbox.

5 years 4 months ago #308358 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder Private Messaging is here!
There is no admin inbox. There are no plans for one at this time. Everything is designed to be user-to-user so there isn't really a means of doing what you're wanting without a complete redesign of the storage behavior. The privacy concern of a shared inbox is also a big concern as well. For what you're trying to do I highly recommend using a support ticket system instead; of which there are several Joomla extensions that provide such functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308362 by PhilF1951
Replied by PhilF1951 on topic Community Builder Private Messaging is here!
It is a nice to have PMs integrated but personally I think it is too simplistic when compared to UddeIM. Okay, so UddeIM had a lot switches and configuration but once set up worked perfectly. CB PMs now have a cleaner look. Although I miss and so do my Club members and many are not code or even html savvy so the fact that UddeIM has it's own basic editor where they can add emoticons and altered text in HTML. Plus the message arrives in their Inbox and email notification in the same format as sent, ie; font size, spacing, paragraphs, etc. After quite few moans I have switched UddeIM back on until such time that it no longer works, if and when Joomla 4 arrives. After that we will see...........

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn