What Am I Working On?

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #328161 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What Am I Working On?
The colored button is the theme selection button. Basically same as Facebook here. It's also now in the message action bar same as emoji, stickers, etc.. selection instead of in the footer.

All buttons have also had their btn-sm classes removed so they're not tiny anymore and are now large enough by default to fit a finger tip in them for mobile accessibility. Below is what this looks like on desktop and mobile currently.

Desktop

Mobile

Note this is not done. Many more design improvements are still coming. Currently my goal is to rewrite all the features utilized by streams first THEN streams themselves will be rewritten and stored in the database instead of dynamically generated on display. Once that's done a big overhaul of a lot of template files will take place to further extract PHP out of them so the templates will primarily be HTML as a template should be.

Next feature to be redone is filters. The new design is already coming along. Below is what it looks like now.

The plan is to support keyword searching, mentions searching, and hashtag searching in it as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: asierraserna

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #328261 by krileon
Filters are being put on hold since it requires some reworking of streams that'll happen when they become stored in the database (don't worry this is happening in 6.0.0!). Have shifted focus to finishing out the activity feature buttons to their new designs and functionality. Actions are being tackled this time. Below is current progress of their redesign.

You'll notice it's no longer an ugly dropdown select and is now a button select menu. This is entirely styled by grid and utilizes modern JS template usages to improve the client side performance since old usage is using select2 which is incredibly slow and taxing on the page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #328326 by krileon
The actions feature has now been completely rewritten and redesigned making this another feature done. Check it out below!

Selector
OLD
NEW
<==>

Suggestions
OLD
NEW
<==>

Up next is either Tags or Locations. Likely Tags since it's currently a not very well implemented feature that needs to be simplified and cleaned up more.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

2 years 2 months ago #328468 by devkumar2
Replied by devkumar2 on topic What Am I Working On?
Great

2 years 2 months ago #328548 by krileon
The tags redesign is going smoothly. Below is a preview of first redesign implementation.

There's still more work to do, but the general idea is you'll get a much better preview of who has been tagged instead of just a name. For reference the below is how tags currently display.

As you can see it's a pretty big leap in visibility and design.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

2 years 1 month ago #328725 by krileon
The new tags feature is now nearly fully complete. Below is what to expect.

Searching

Adding

You can add multiple tags at once as well. By default tags are for connections only, but a new parameter will allow tagging anyone incase you've no need for the connections system (note it will default to this if connections feature is turned off). Custom tags can be inserted as well by supplying a name that doesn't match a found result (this will always be the first entry).

This is also entirely keyboard navigable for accessibility.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn