What Am I Working On?

2 years 1 month ago #328738 by activha
Replied by activha on topic What Am I Working On?
Really nice !!
Looking forward for a first beta, any date estimate ?

BTW will you implement Activity sharing so that we can share one post only ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328741 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What Am I Working On?

Looking forward for a first beta, any date estimate ?

Sorry, no date. I'm rewriting 5 year old code so it's taking much longer than I anticipated and also have to constantly interrupt development to deal with other tasks as well (e.g. fix bugs in other products, add minor features, and handle support). So it's basically done when it's done. I will keep this topic updated though anytime I feel I've something to show to try and be as transparent as possible during the development process.

BTW will you implement Activity sharing so that we can share one post only ?

Yup, sharing is planned to allow for reposting and sharing activity via URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328871 by krileon
Just a little update to let you know I'm still here! The tags feature rewrite is officially done, but nothing to really show as is just some minor improvements to the modal window with most of the changes being internal code improvements.

I'm now starting on rewriting the Following feature. Once that is done it'll finally be time to start the stored streams behavior so wonderful new features can be added.

There have also be further UX improvements. On mobile the Likes/Comments buttons collapse down to icons, extended likes (where it shows usernames) collapses down to likes count, long activity comment streams (>= 50 comments) reverse their display (new comment input at the top with comments showing newest to oldest) from "discussion order" as comment streams that long are too hard to follow to be a discussion anymore. On mobile this behavior is also automatically applied so mobile does not need to scroll to comment. In addition to this on mobile comments are initially collapsed. This gives closer to a Twitter feed experience on mobile.

CB Activity is shaping up to be the most powerful social media platform available! It just keeps getting better!

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

1 year 11 months ago #329514 by krileon
Just another update so you know I'm still here! :laugh: There hasn't been much to showcase lately since it has been mostly architecture changes. Notifications are completely rewritten now with more efficient one-to-many storage behavior, which allows efficiently sending 1 notification to as many users as you need. No more asset dependency for notifications as they now directly have a strict recipient.

Notifications have now been performance tested for at least 3 million rows as proof of scale-ability. It now also uses cursor paging same as everything else and is not dependent on datetime so you will see notifications "out of order" in regards to datetime since they will now always be ordered based on when they were created.

Once activity and comment streams are redone all the CB Auto Actions behavior for CB Activity will be moved into CB Activity. This means things like rendering activity in groups, toggling various notifications, etc.. will just be core behavior. The idea with using CB Auto Actions for this was to test how to best do this and now we've a solid idea on what direction we want this to go. You'll of course still be able to render streams, create activity, etc.. from CB Auto Actions.

A few weeks were also used to finish up and release CBSubs Options .

It looks like now though it's officially time for the really difficult rewrites. Comment and Activity streams. I'll be starting with comments, which will be given some amazing new functionality. Namely comment depth. You'll be able to specify reply depth allowing comments to function as deep discussion chains if desired.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #329744 by krileon
Just a sneak peek of the stored streams functionality.

Activity Stream Management:

Activity Stream > Global:

Activity Stream > Filters:

Activity Stream > Activity:

I've tried to organize things a bit better so you're not swimming through a sea of tabs. Asset under Global will have a full fieldset explaining what asset is, how to use it, and its various parts. You'll notice Filters now has a Default as well (this is the All filter). This means asset storage and asset display behavior are now finally officially separate to make things less confusing to configure.

Activity Comments no longer provides a full set of comment stream parameters and you will instead simply select the comment stream you want to use for activity. This will default in most cases to the initially created Activity Comments comment stream.

Activity and Comment streams have separate storage and there's a similar view for configuring your comment streams as well. Migration on install will attempt to generate streams and assign activity to them where possible, but may require you to manually assign some activity to their streams.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

1 year 9 months ago #329886 by krileon
Stored comment streams are nearly 70% complete with the old stream classes completely gone now in favor of stored objects. Below is initial management view of those streams (more columns and information to be added later).

You'll notice there's several covering different cases. This is because they can each have their own behaviors like turning off the connected access check. When activity is created it can be assigned a comment stream to use for its comments or it can fallback to the activity streams default comment stream which is 1 of the first 2 streams.

So for example this allows the activity entry for a Joomla article to share its activity comments with comments on the activity itself. Same will apply for CB Gallery as it allows the activity entry and the modal window comments to remain in sync.

During migration some comments or activity might be assigned the incorrect stream, but I will be doing my best to try and migrate everything properly. However there are batch tools for reassigning so don't worry you'll be able to mass-reassign your activity or comments if they are migrated to the wrong stream. The migration has to do some asset matching and try to guess the best fit, but hopefully there won't be too many misses when doing that.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.140 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn