What Am I Working On?

11 months 4 weeks ago #333687 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What Am I Working On?
The long awaited Word Filter is now implemented. This will let you globally filter posts (activity title, activity message, and comment message) replacing specific words or implementing your own REGEXP word replacements. Take a look below!

Filter

Result

This will allow you to apply whatever censorships you feel are necessary for your site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 3 weeks ago #334041 by krileon
CB Gallery integration into CB Activity is nearly entirely complete. Gallery activity rendering, access checking, etc.. is now entirely built into CB Activity. You won't need CB Auto Actions anymore for this, same as the recent GJ integration. A generalized media-grid has also been implemented. This will allow for easily rendering equalized media grids that is now being utilized by CB Gallery activity. Take a look below.

1 Upload

A single upload will respect media size. This works same as linking media or media from any other source. This allows up to a maximum height limit to prevent creating massive posts. The limit is entirely CSS driven so is easily changed.

2 Uploads

The media grid is now active. This will create a media grid with a height of 500px. This is entirely CSS driven using CSS Grid so the height AND the grid styling can be entirely overridden easily.

3 Uploads

4 Uploads

5 Uploads

6 Uploads

7+ Uploads

The upload functionality will soon also be moved entirely into CB Activity. Once all is said and done you won't need CB Auto Actions at all for this integration. Purely CB Gallery + CB Activity. Toggling notifications on/off and activity on/on will be a matter of just adjusting those parameters and no longer require complex CB Auto Actions usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

10 months 3 weeks ago #334064 by krileon
Media can be nicely attached to any comment and you can now upload new media instead of just managing existing media while editing a post.

Edit

Comment

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

10 months 2 weeks ago #334113 by krileon
Activity Comments now have multiple display modes to accommodate different social media needs. With these new modes it's much easier to replicate familiar behavior as seen on other social media. Take a look below!

Inline Collapsed

This mode always renders the comments stream, but it will be collapsed by default and upon clicking comments or comment button it will expand.

Toggled

This mode does not render the comments stream initially. When clicking comments or the comment button it will ajax load in the comments stream presenting the user temporarily with a loader display as shown above.This can provide performance benefits for heavier sites since the comment streams do not load in initially.

Page

This mode does not render the comments inline. When clicking the comments or comment button it will take the user to an individual activity page that only shows that activity entry and then on that page is where comments will be available. So while they're scrolling a stream for example comments only become available after doing this. This can provide performance benefits for heavier sites since the comment streams do not load in initially.

Modal Window

This mode does not render the comments inline. When clicking the comments or comment button it opens a modal window with the activity entry and now the comments are visible. The new comment box is stickied to the bottom of the modal window to ensure it's always available. This can provide performance benefits for heavier sites since the comment streams do not load in initially.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

10 months 1 day ago #334282 by krileon
The new bookmark system is now implemented. This lets users save posts to be viewed again later.

Menu

Filter

Filtered

This supports a special "bookmarked" asset that can be used in filters. You can also assign a menu item to display all bookmarked posts.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

9 months 3 weeks ago #334325 by krileon
A simple views tracking feature is now available for activity. This is a simple incrementing value. A future release will implement full per-IP tracking of views. It uses local storage to avoid duplicate views from a user, but it shouldn't be used as some form of analytics and should be treated more like a simple hits tracker.

This is disabled by default and only applies to activity posts with a simple global on/off parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn