What Am I Working On?

2 years 3 months ago #327299 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What Am I Working On?
Like Types are a lot more customizable now. You can choose between several different methods for rendering the icon and several different methods for coloring the text. This will allow for robust configuration of like types. The old twimoji (twitter emoji) like types are also now replaced with unicode emoji.

Similar icon/color behavior will be extended to other usages that have icon selection as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat, activha

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #327501 by krileon
The old emote system is slowly being transformed into the new Sticker system. The idea behind Stickers is to allow for custom emoji, custom gifs, custom HTML inserts (e.g. could insert a video via sticker tag if you want), and more. Below is current progress on the new Stickers selector.

Migration of the old emotes system into the new stickers system will be applied automatically on install so existing installs won't lose any custom emotes. The above is what that'd look like.

Stickers come with categories as well so everything can be categorized. The search bar will let your users filter the stickers by their sticker tag. Sticker history is also being implemented to keep track of previously used stickers so users can quickly reuse their favorites. Sticker history, like emoji history, will be entirely handled browser side.

Both categories and stickers have access permissions allowing for giving users new stickers based off permissions. If they use a sticker they're not authorized to use it simply replaces to an empty string so no cheating the system!

Most of the above is just concept and only working roughly 40%, but I expect it to be finalized next week. After this is a redesign of Reactions (GIFs) to support Giphy and Tenor for GIF sources. They'll be designed to no longer be some goofy ugly select list, but with categorization, favorites system, searching, and advanced caching to massively speed up the usage of reactions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

2 years 3 months ago #327577 by krileon
The new Stickers usage is now officially complete. It supports history, searching, categories, HTML based icons, image based icons, CSS class based icons, and CSS styles based icon. Categories and stickers have access permissions to control who can or cannot used a specific sticker.

Slowly, but surely each feature in CB Activity is receiving its much deserved rewrite. They'll all be improved with new, better, UX and features.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat, nant

2 years 2 months ago #327683 by krileon
This weeks update doesn't contain a nice screenshot, but next update should. For this week I've made a massive optimization push. All the JavaScript has been touched. Massive memory improvements, massive speed improvements, and more have been made. This means things like modal windows, editing activity, selecting an emoji, etc.. have all been significantly sped up due to these performance improvements. In most cases you won't even have time to see the loader icon as it loads THAT fast.

Next week the new Reactions UX and support for Tenor GIFs should be complete. It will feature searching, favorites system (like an optional recent GIFs; if you use discord then it'll be exactly the same as that), and categories.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

2 years 2 months ago #327779 by activha
Replied by activha on topic What Am I Working On?
Good job !
Just a question : is CB Activity 6 based on Bootstrap 5 or is it still on 4 ?

2 years 2 months ago #327780 by krileon
Bootstrap 4. Switching to Bootstrap 5 has to happen in CB itself. We then would have to add a bunch of B/C classes to bridge the two. B5 is planned sometime in the next 3 months as it's a ton of work for little to no gain so it's not high priority.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.429 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn