#92 J!1.5 SMTP with Authentication: Email not sent

15 years 4 months ago #79186 by sparques
Ok...I've read all the related topics on this problem, and I've tried the proposed solutions, read the readme file 5 times and went over the user documentation again. In RC2, everything is working just fine, except it won't send out a registration email. Emails get sent out by Joomla just fine with the Contact Us form...but there seems to be a disconnect between CB and the email function. Not being a programmer, I don't know any other way to explain it.
I checked all my settings and ensured that the email account had administrative privileges, had the email settings turned on, the Global setting is set for NO on the Allow User Registration. The CB setting is "Yes, Independently of Global Site Setting"

I ran the Synchronize Users thing and it worked great, but did not solve the problem.

So I decided to upgrade to RC3...thinking that there might be a secret global conspiracy with RC2 to stop the widespread use of registration emails.

But the RC3 Installation did not change my symptom.

So...there's little doubt that this is my fault. It can't be the software, so can any of you help me fix myself?

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/11/08 15:13

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #79191 by sparques
Replied by sparques on topic Re:Registration Email not working
I'm going to add something else to this problem that may help in the resolution. I am hosted by GoDaddy and use SMTP for the email service. The server is specific (not Local) and I must use the username and password for authentication on the Joomla Global Configuration.

Something tells me that this has something to do with the problem.

15 years 4 months ago #79221 by sparques
Replied by sparques on topic Re:Registration Email not working
Another piece to the puzzle...This doesn't appear to be localized to the Registration process.

Just for an experiment, I ensured that the Moderation emails function was turned on, and reported a user. The Moderator Workflows module functioned fine by showing that there was an issue to address....but no email was sent.

15 years 4 months ago #79222 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Registration Email not working
As replied in PM to you:

Identified issue (internally) - CB emailing does not work with SMTP mode and authentication on.

I changed authentication to off (global joomla parameters) and things work ok.

So at least until CB 1.2 stable is out, you should be able to work with these settings.

Thank you for your support.

15 years 4 months ago #79223 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Registration Email not working
Moving to identified issues.

Thanks for reporting and for troubleshooting and identifying problem.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 4 months ago #79392 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Registration Email not working
Until we fix this issue, there is a workaround that has been proposed here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,64/id,79391/#79391

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.343 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn