CB Captcha Plugin 2.2.1

11 years 6 months ago #211511 by rahmul
Replied by rahmul on topic Re:CB Captcha Plugin 2.2.1

nant wrote:

wolfsauge wrote: Hi everybody,
Unfortunately on my website no link to the CB pages like "personal profile" does work. "Direct Access to this location is not allowed." is what I get.
I searched the forum and found: "This error means most likely that you have no installed the proper CB Captcha plugin." Next step was trying to download the plugin, but it is for subcribers only.
I cannot believe that. Why offer a free version when it does not work without the plugin one needs a paid subscription for?
Don't get me wrong, I would subscribe, but this feels very strange.
Greets
wolfsauge

The free version that was made available was for Joomla 1.0. Since then there have been many Joomla releases.

Latest CB Captcha version is offered as a paid plugin or as part of our membership subscriptions.

ohh I see, thank you nick B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #211512 by rahmul
Replied by rahmul on topic Re: CB Captcha Plugin 2.2.1
so if it is not bought, it can not be added security cb?? "I'm sorry if my english is not good"

11 years 3 months ago #218400 by greggsmith7
Replied by greggsmith7 on topic Re: CB Captcha Plugin 2.2.1
Count me as yet another webmaster who is dissatisfied with Community Builder and will not use it for future projects. I installed CB on a project for a client 3 years ago. At the time I paid for a documentation subscription and added GroupJive and several other features. Seemed like a great deal for my client at the time. This year my client has seen a major increase in spam subscriptions and wants to add captcha. I have no need of the documentation subscription again, and so I will have to tell my client that it's going to cost him $100+ to add a capability that is available from your competitors for free. Dissatisfied customers hurt my business, so I will need to use something else.

I realize you created CB to make money, but it seems to me that once a user has paid for documentation for a particular version of CB then they should have that same access permanently. Asking users to pay another $100 for access to the same stuff they could have previously downloaded for the $100 they paid previously is penny wise and pound foolish. Word of mouth is going to cost you more than you gain from such a policy.

I will be posting my feedback on CB to joomla.org. I encourage all who read this who are dissatisfied to do likewise.

11 years 3 months ago #218404 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: CB Captcha Plugin 2.2.1

greggsmith7 wrote: Count me as yet another webmaster who is dissatisfied with Community Builder and will not use it for future projects. I installed CB on a project for a client 3 years ago. At the time I paid for a documentation subscription and added GroupJive and several other features. Seemed like a great deal for my client at the time. This year my client has seen a major increase in spam subscriptions and wants to add captcha. I have no need of the documentation subscription again, and so I will have to tell my client that it's going to cost him $100+ to add a capability that is available from your competitors for free. Dissatisfied customers hurt my business, so I will need to use something else.

I realize you created CB to make money, but it seems to me that once a user has paid for documentation for a particular version of CB then they should have that same access permanently. Asking users to pay another $100 for access to the same stuff they could have previously downloaded for the $100 they paid previously is penny wise and pound foolish. Word of mouth is going to cost you more than you gain from such a policy.

I will be posting my feedback on CB to joomla.org. I encourage all who read this who are dissatisfied to do likewise.

Hi greggsmith7,

I have no issues with true information: So here a few facts to reply to your misunderstandings above:

1) For your information: CB Captcha can be bought as single download individually too for less than 20€, which is very reasonable:
www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/add-ons

2) CB itself is secure, and if you update your CB to latest CB 1.9 (which is FREE as always), and disable Joomla's native registrations, as most spam comes through that even if no menu for it is published you should see spams going down without CB Captcha.

3) CB Captcha is not the only Captcha for CB, you can see in the directory for free alternatives, although I cannot recommend any of them since I haven't tried any other than CB Captcha.

4) I am not aware of any solid free social networking extension for Joomla other than CB, and thus of no free included Captcha, and even less of another free one with free captcha alternatives, as is the case of CB.

If you work for free for your customer, he is very lucky to have you. :)

Btw, please note that using joomla.org as a "commercial disputes resolution center" is not allowed by their ToS. Such things are better done on the extension provider's forum or better by using his Contact form (at bottom of each page on this site).

Wishing you a great day and a Happy New Year!

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds