CB 1.2 Status Report

16 years 1 month ago #59279 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
The tests were not done with 1.0 caching on ;)

And the page caching applies well to static content, not a typical dynamic community website scenario ;)

Interestingly for low-traffic websites on shared servers, test case 2 applies, with files not in cache, where the large number of small included files in joomla 1.5 gives approx. factor 2 performance hit over test 3, while in 1.0 performance hit is like 20%, 1.0 including less but larger files.

As said, in Joomla 1.5, there is really room for improvement (and that's really positive), Spacemonkey said it too in the joomlaperformance discussion thread as well, it will most probably be improved, but it's not there yet ;)

Anyway, don't really want to turn this thread into a Joomla performance discussion, there is the thread on joomlaperformance for that :) .

I think our heads-up got understood. More importantly, with CB 1.2 we are reaffirming our commitment to support long-term the freedom of CMS choice of CB users (since Mambo 4.5.0, when CB started), whatever that choice has been :) .

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The topic has been locked.
16 years 1 month ago #59303 by zseni
Replied by zseni on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
I hope for it the Easter bunny brings the new version.:)
16 years 1 month ago #59324 by F0l2saken
Replied by F0l2saken on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
I'm making sure you know that Internet Explorer 8.0 beta is out. I'm just making sure you know, so that with even 1.2 or even future releases you'll be prepared.

1.1 works fine with IE 8.0, I've tested it with a developmental beta release that microsoft is letting people download now.

Can't say the same for the rest of the stuff i'm using though :( Looks like Ie 7 to Ie 8 is going to be as big if not bigger as ie 6 to ie 7
16 years 1 month ago #59326 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
F0l2saken wrote:

I'm making sure you know that Internet Explorer 8.0 beta is out. I'm just making sure you know, so that with even 1.2 or even future releases you'll be prepared.

1.1 works fine with IE 8.0, I've tested it with a developmental beta release that microsoft is letting people download now.

Can't say the same for the rest of the stuff i'm using though :( Looks like Ie 7 to Ie 8 is going to be as big if not bigger as ie 6 to ie 7

Yes, we are aware of that and that ucomping IE8 is moving towards standards-mode by default ! Wooohooohooo, finally. Let's hope the template-designers understand that too, and remove the bad "<?xml" prolog, which gives all of us and them too the unneeded headaches with IE6.

These 2 blogs might be of interest to you:

www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200803/surprise_of_the_year_ie8_will_use_standards_mode_by_default/

www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200803/first_impressions_of_internet_explorer_8_beta_1/

xml prolog and quirks-mode info:

www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200602/writing_crossbrowser_css/
www.quirksmode.org/css/quirksmode.html
www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/quirks-mode.html

CB being a community project, it's CB test-team's task to verify such compatibilities as for us it's already hard to check for the major 5 current ones. If you have some free time and want to make sure that upcoming CB 1.2 stays also compatible with upcoming browsers, please feel welcome into CB testteam (pm Nick (nant) for that with reference to this post).

EDIT: moved one url to right place.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/03/20 11:57

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
16 years 1 month ago #59410 by NateM
Replied by NateM on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
Any chance we'll get a list of expected changes that are supposed to go into 1.2? I did a search on the forum, but couldn't really come up with anything other than what was in this article.
16 years 1 month ago #59473 by gnomey
Replied by gnomey on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
Also waiting patiently for this.. it will be fantastic! :woohoo:
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds