CB 1.2 Status Report

16 years 2 weeks ago #60593 by videoandfun
Replied by videoandfun on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
this month ;)
The topic has been locked.
16 years 2 weeks ago #60628 by MatCat
Replied by MatCat on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
I'm not sure why the betas/dev editions are not available for download, quite rare for open source project.
16 years 2 weeks ago #60642 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
MatCat wrote:

I'm not sure why the betas/dev editions are not available for download, quite rare for open source project.

This is understandable if you consider the amount of people helping out on these forums.

Also if you consider the number of double posts - people asking the same thing on multiple forums.

Also if you consider the amount of questions that have already been answered and are asked again (and bumped) because very few read the FAQ section of this site (mentioned in the Getting Started article).

Releasing a beta version to 100K+ users under these conditions would just delay final stable release - something no one wants to happen.
16 years 2 weeks ago #60655 by bertm
Replied by bertm on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
Beat / Nant

Will CB 1.2 allow a drop in upgrade over a fully tweaked CB 1.1 install? (on J1.0.15) Does CB 1.2 just drop in, adding features transparently? Or should I expect to need rework and re-arrange plugins, tabs, registration, etc?

I have been holding back on a CB project for a few weeks, expecting that numerous adaptations will be required when CB 1.2 is released.

Any comments?
16 years 2 weeks ago #60656 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
bertm wrote:

Beat / Nant

Will CB 1.2 allow a drop in upgrade over a fully tweaked CB 1.1 install? (on J1.0.15) Does CB 1.2 just drop in, adding features transparently? Or should I expect to need rework and re-arrange plugins, tabs, registration, etc?

I have been holding back on a CB project for a few weeks, expecting that numerous adaptations will be required when CB 1.2 is released.

Any comments?

Although CB 1.2 is becoming a big evolution from CB 1.1 in the internals and possibilities, the upgrade should be as smooth as all our previous upgrades: uninstall/reinstall after saving ueconfig.php file.

So there is no need to hold off CB 1.1 (beware of a few changes/bugs in Joomla 1.5 which affect CB 1.1 and are documented in CB 1.1 bugs subforum stickies in this forum).

The only minor change that you need to be aware of for now is that users-lists descriptions which don't display in frontend in CB 1.1 will be finally displaying in CB 1.2, so don't put content into those users-lists descriptions that you wouldn't like to display publically. :D

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
16 years 2 weeks ago #60712 by bobhair
Replied by bobhair on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
I upgraded to Joomla 1.5 and now comfortable using it. I've been waiting to install CB until 1.2 comes out.

Is it better to wait for the full 1.2? Or, is it ok to install 1.1 and then install the upgrade?

Thanks.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds