CB 1.2 Status Report

16 years 1 week ago #61010 by Oxy
Replied by Oxy on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
Give them a break !

I am sure that the are working hard to get the new version ready for release.

i admit that i also would like see the new version soon, but i reather wait a few days longer to get a stable release.

But a few screen shot´s would be nice... :P

- Oxy

Post edited by: Oxy, at: 2008/04/15 15:55
The topic has been locked.
16 years 1 week ago #61012 by palooka
Replied by palooka on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
Bunch of whiners.
16 years 1 week ago #61014 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
Yup, work on CB 1.2 is at full speed with all the available time.

We are currently still packing into CB 1.2 beta 7 a new fields framework, which is backwards compatible, but will bring lots of possibilities for extensions and fields.

Quite some of the older code has now been rewritten from scratch, and is much more modular and extensible than before.

We still have at least a few more days of development to finish beta 7, which will then go to the CB testteam, quite hopefully leading before end of month to a RC release which will be reserved to real contributors (in CB testteam, helping in forum, coding, or subscribers to our documentation subscription). Only after all of that a stable release will be released as general availability.

Do you want to help us ? Would you like to help to get this release out sooner ?

Are you idling waiting for the release ?

Then please go ahead and help us in one or more of many ways:

- help beginners on this forum (yes you can reply ;) ), it will save us lots of time. People helping others (and not only asking or whining) will also get faster support from the community as well. So go ahead, and answer 5 posts a day, it will immensly help. And we will notice too the persons helping out. ;)

- If you are a Joomla/Mambo/CB expert, join CB testteam and get ready for beta 7 tests. If you are not expert, please refrain from joining CB testteam, as there are already around 25 active testers there (out of 150), and we wish not to slowdown the testings, CB testteam is not a support forum.

- If you have not subscribed yet to our documentation service, subscribe it now. The small Year 2008 amount will bring you added benefits way beyond documentation with additional stuff available only to doc subscribers. It also helps us greatly do more and more of our work during work-hours :) . For us, subscribing is also a highly appreciated form of "thank you", and subscriptions coming in keep us awake at night. So yes, subscribing helps get the release out faster ! Let's make the days between now and CB 1.2 RC release the hotest subscriptions days ;) If you didn't subscribe, please click the link in my signature and subscribe now B)

Now back to CB work :P

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
16 years 1 week ago #61017 by gazsy
Replied by gazsy on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
Ohh, that's very good. :woohoo:
16 years 1 week ago #61077 by zseni
Replied by zseni on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
We may live in hopes if I read it well into appearing inside a couple of days?
16 years 1 week ago #61084 by palooka
Replied by palooka on topic Re:CB 1.2 Status Report
Oh c'mon now, the man just laid it all out what was going on. Just be patient like the rest of the people that aren't whining. No matter how many happy faces anyone puts in, it's still whining.

Ugh, I just had to get that out.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.585 seconds