CB Privacy Plugin Preview

15 years 4 months ago #80392 by KurtSteiner
CB Privacy Plugin Preview was created by KurtSteiner
This thread discusses the Content article: CB Privacy Plugin Preview

B)

I sit here and think WOW, thats real cool stuff B)

and i can´t wait to play with it and show my business club members another great step to become comparible with well known social networks like facebook or xing.

RESPECT to the Community Builder development Team :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #80398 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
Looks great and I'm excited to put it to use, but I do have one issue.

How about Tab privacy settings? Perhaps 1 tab in the users frontend settings that says "Privacy" or some sort and allows users to specify who can see what tab. ATM I have this functionality by hacking the core files.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #80401 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
krileon wrote:

How about Tab privacy settings? Perhaps 1 tab in the users frontend settings that says "Privacy" or some sort and allows users to specify who can see what tab. ATM I have this functionality by hacking the core files.

Looks like we have forgotten to mention that same as for fields, you can do it on a per-tab level :D

Or you can do both... ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 4 months ago #80402 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
beat wrote:

krileon wrote:

Looks like we have forgotten to mention that same as for fields, you can do it on a per-tab level :D

Or you can do both... ;)

That's incredible. As always you guys doing a wonderful job. Look forward to seeing the upcoming plugins and such.

I'll have to ditch my little hacks and put the new plugin to use for sure! Users will be much happier with the higher flexibility for sure.

I wonder how this plugin will play out with the API. Say we have a plugin that calls data from field cb_test.

Lets have it do this:
[code:1]
if ($user->cb_test == "Yes"«») echo "blabla";
[/code:1]

What happens if privacy is set on the field is what I wonder. Does it render cb_test as NULL if the user doesn't meet privacy setting requirements?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #81194 by Lightme
Replied by Lightme on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
Its an great function for website improofment so
people can have real privacy settings on their profiles.

Question is for wich CB version is this?

Because I reprogrammed CB too my own needs and still
using 1.0 is this version of the plugin also for
this one or do I have too update what would be
a big problem for me?

15 years 3 months ago #81197 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
You should upgrade to CB 1.1 or 1.2 asap for security reasons. At very least make sure that you got 1.0.2...

That plugin is CB 1.2 Stable only.

The API for plugins remains backwards compatible.

CB doesn't do data "policing" between plugins, as that doesn't make sense in PHP yet.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds