Username=email automatical

15 years 3 months ago #84714 by Millis
Username=email automatical was created by Millis
I have problem. For registration I only want to use the email and name. This is no problem so far.

But the username makes problems. The username gets automatical then name. If there are two persons with the same Name, I got a problem, because he is overriding the first eMail adress.

The eMailadress is unique, therefore I wanted the eMailadress as username. Then I don't have that Problem anymore.

Has someone any idea were I can change this? Thank for the help.

(I'm using Joomla 1.0.15)

Greetings
Andreas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #85510 by binarie
Replied by binarie on topic Re:Username=email automatical
I am experiencing the same problem using Joomla 1.5.8 and CB 1.2 RC3.

There must be a way for 2 people to be called 'John' for example and be allowed to register with 2 different email addresses.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

15 years 3 months ago #85516 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Username=email automatical
Username is Unique. No 2 can be alike. That's how the system works. That's how Joomla works. Their name such as first name do not have to be unique.

To get what is asked you'll need to make many modifications to the core of CB AND Joomla. Those are considered "Hacks" and are not supported.

Alternative is have username as the email. Remove email from registration page (can be done from field management). Then move email to a tab that is not shown on profile. Set email so it is no longer required as well.

Then change usernames name to E-mail. Give that a try.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #85527 by binarie
Replied by binarie on topic Re:Username=email automatical
I don't want to hack anything! What I would like to do is allow users to register via a front end form that requires the following fields:

* Name (their real name - and so should not be required to be unique i.e. I could possible have 10 'John Smith's)

* Email (a valid and unique email)

After they supply this information is it possible for Community Builder to assign their Email as their Username. This would fulfill the requirement of a unique username.

What I have at the moment is Name and Email on my registration form... but because Username is not there the system is automatically making Name be the Username - I want it to take the email instead.

I have seen CB function in this way - ie automatically assign the email as the username - when only Email (no Name/Username) is a field in the registration form. I would like this functionality but also a way to capture the users real name as well.

Is this possible?

P.S. I should also note here that user's will never be able to login to the site. I am using CB with the acajoom plugin to collect subscribers for mailing lists.

15 years 3 months ago #85552 by Millis
Replied by Millis on topic Re:Username=email automatical
That is exactly what I'm looking for. But I can't fingure out at what point joomla or the CB is telling that the name has to be the username (which is not entered by the customer).

I don't find the porition to change this.

It will be a hack, but as I see it, you need only at the right position one line which is telling the script that the username is the emailadress.

Maybe is it posible to change it in the registerform of the CB?

Or do I need more changes? changing Joomla ...

15 years 3 months ago #85553 by Millis
Replied by Millis on topic Re:Username=email automatical
krileon wrote:

Then change usernames name to E-mail. Give that a try.

But then the newsletter will not get the emailadress. I do need that both fields are the same.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.492 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn