Username=email automatical

15 years 3 months ago #85596 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Username=email automatical
Change username to Name.

Components -> Community Builder -> Configuration -> General:

Login field type = Email

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #91982 by vladypus
Replied by vladypus on topic Re:Username=email automatical
krileon wrote:

Username is Unique. No 2 can be alike. That's how the system works. That's how Joomla works. Their name such as first name do not have to be unique.

To get what is asked you'll need to make many modifications to the core of CB AND Joomla. Those are considered "Hacks" and are not supported.

Alternative is have username as the email. Remove email from registration page (can be done from field management). Then move email to a tab that is not shown on profile. Set email so it is no longer required as well.

Then change usernames name to E-mail. Give that a try.

If you do this you can no longer user email verification. Is there a quick fix for this? I have no problem with modifying code but I've been looking at comprofiler.html.php and cb.core.php, and it is quite daunting.

Alternatively, I wanted to change the title of the username field to "Email" and change the title of the email to "Verify Email". I looked to the code that handles password field verification and it seems that the password confirmation field doesn't exist as an actual field, rather it is a hard coded check of some kind. It looks as though I would need to modify the email field and set the
$field->_identicalTo variable somewhere and then set $metaJson[] to perform the check. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post edited by: vladypus, at: 2009/03/18 00:20

--I do have a paid subscription for community builder, but it is registered to my employer and I prefer to use my own account--

15 years 1 week ago #94326 by OJoe
Replied by OJoe on topic Re:Username=email automatical
im interested too

14 years 9 months ago #104793 by frankpereira
Replied by frankpereira on topic Re:Username=email automatical
Had the problem where I could not have two people named "john smith" with different e-mail address when they try to register.

Using the following
CB 1.2 RC3
Joomla 1.5.x
Login field type: email

Made a one line change and it fixed the problem for me.
File changed:
/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.tables.php

Locate:
function saveSafely( &$array, $ui, $reason )

change line 1135:
from
[code:1]
$this->username = $this->name;
[/code:1]

to
[code:1]
$this->username = $this->email;
[/code:1]

frank

Post edited by: frankpereira, at: 2009/07/14 05:01
The following user(s) said Thank You: pdt