Validation Rules 1.2.1

14 years 10 months ago #101504 by viper_iii
Validation Rules 1.2.1 was created by viper_iii
We are Subs user as well but can't turn on our subs due to hosting issues...

Legacy Mode for Kunena and minor other modules
php 5
Mysql 5

www.sclr.org

Password field Validation still errors after upgrades.
if I edit the regex settings I seem to hose the site... so I undo changes and revert...

We need the following but I'm not sure about all settings..

: When User Registers (via CBSubs) it goes for approval where a Username I assigned or one is given on numerical sequence. Paid at that time or after approval - Not sure how that works.

: Password first time through is usually zip code 5 digit number. Not a must but is what they use currently for the first login and change as they wish.

When I create a user in the administration side It gives me the error of 6 chars and not allowing numbers only.
Error Message
Please enter a valid Password:. No spaces, more than 6 characters and contain 0-9,a-z,A-Z

----

update created a user with a standard word password and it threw the error but proceeded anyway... want to still not have the error and allow numerical passwords.

Post edited by: viper_iii, at: 2009/06/09 02:24

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #101547 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Validation Rules 1.2.1
In CB Configuration on User Profile tab set Fields validation in Admin to No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 10 months ago #101554 by viper_iii
Replied by viper_iii on topic Re:Validation Rules 1.2.1
Yup done that as well....

My only guess is the legacy plugin that is enabled due to kunena...

However if I disabled the plugin the site is killed instantly displaying only the login without css...

14 years 10 months ago #101589 by krileon
This error message comes from Joomla it self, you should be able to ignore this and changes should still be made.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 10 months ago #101592 by viper_iii
Replied by viper_iii on topic Re:Validation Rules 1.2.1
note if I choose a password like "80498"

Only if I go into Joomla's usermanagement and change the password... then it works no problem... just have to re-synch the user db with CB...

Not a Joomla Issue...
In fact the error popup is coming from CB language error messages..

A CB issue yes. But was it because of our upgrade? Even RC4 Had the issue for us...

14 years 10 months ago #101606 by krileon
Did you set the minimum required length on the password field lower? Inspected the code and there's no hard coding of 6 characters. It's based off the fields parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn