CB Login 1.2.1 horizontal not working

14 years 8 months ago #103508 by jciconsult
CB Login 1.2.1 horizontal not working was created by jciconsult
Using the versatility 4 template from RocketTheme, I am unable to get a horizontal display of the login in either the TOP or bottom position. The display stays the same whether I have horizontal or vertical set on the module management page. Suggestions as to how to procede would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #103679 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Login 1.2.1 horizontal not working
This sounds like a template issue and not an issue with the module. Style the module with CSS to get the desired appearance.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #103686 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Re:CB Login 1.2.1 horizontal not working
Let me be specific. I published the module in a commercial template in a position that should leave ample room for horizontal or vertical. Changing the switch from horizontal to vertical made NO difference to the appearance of your module. I have attached a zip file with GIFS showing 2 tests. I see no reason why this should NOT work without mucking with CSS or you should supply css.

Attachment login_tests.zip not found

Attachments:

14 years 8 months ago #103695 by krileon
Again, this is a template related issue. Look at your input boxes, they appear to have an infinite length. Your template likely has a style for the class inputbox or targets all input elements. The style does change, just the inputs can not be put side by side with such a huge length.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/07/02 18:54

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #103782 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Re:CB Login 1.2.1 horizontal not working
Yes, I could see that I had missed that. I found the code in the CSS that set the display to block and the width to 98% for the login block and I changed it to 180px. That still did not get the boxes beside each other in horizontal mode in your code. Any other suggestions about what to look for. Some years ago, we actually had to hack cblogin to get it to work horizontally with a yootheme template. I am worried that I have to do the same here.

input#mod_login_username.inputbox, input#mod_login_password.inputbox, input#modlgn_username.inputbox, input#modlgn_passwd.inputbox {height: 20px;display: block;width: 180px;margin-top: 3px;}

14 years 8 months ago #103801 by krileon
I can't properly diagnose the CSS issue without being able to investigate your sites code. I have multiple localhost test sites, some with vertical, some with horizontal, all of which look properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.026 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn