CB causing unsecure content ?

14 years 6 months ago #111272 by Syllus
CB causing unsecure content ? was created by Syllus
Hoping someone can give me some clarification on this, whenever I try to use the cblogin's "HTTPS (encrypted) login" parameter (ie have it set to use HTTPS, either way... for posting then same or for login and after) it starts producing unsecure content warnings on the whenever the "forgot password" or "Register" links are clicked. I had to disable the info icons on the register page to even make it show the layout as it should be (still produces unsecure content warning but can't find what's causing it as of yet).

On the "forgot password" page it seems to be the script running the hidden areas of the form that shows the instructions based on what you click and changes the button. (when choosing to only show secure content in ie this form is completely shown and the "hidden elements" do not work).

I figure that I am doing something wrong as I am fairly certain that the included content with cb would not cause HTTPS errors with it's own settings for this long without it being caught and fixed. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix these unsecure content issues?

Note: I have tried this with multiple templates to be sure it was not a template issue. It happens regardless of what template I use... the issue seems to be within CB. Also their are no external links, all images and includes that I could find are within the sites directories so this should be OK for the secure connection right?

Also, when using the HTTPS setting "use HTTPS for posting then same" it produces a warning in Firefox that even though the page is secured... the information being submitted will be sent across an unsecured connection, when trying to register.

Any insight to these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Post edited by: Syllus, at: 2009/09/15 23:11

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn